Moon shot

I worked for Air Force Intelligence during the landings, we 100% did put men on the moon who walked the surface.

Who actually believes hundreds of thousands of people who worked on the landing could keep a secret for over 50 years including our arch enemy at the time the USSR.

I worked for Air Force Intelligence during the landings, we 100% did put men on the moon who walked the surface.

Who actually believes hundreds of thousands of people who worked on the landing could keep a secret for over 50 years including our arch enemy at the time the USSR.

AND..... That's why is sounds so silly when I hear disbelievers who actually believe JUST THAT!

Oh yes. Part of the Cold War strategy was to impoverish the USSR trying to keep up (they had like two-dozen Lunar missions and four were successful in landing equipment only). And there's another backstory.

A former employer (GAF/Ansco) was a supplier of film for the Apollo project. They also made film and wall-sized sensitized paper to develop images from the Mercury era CORONA satellites - that returned exposed canisters to earth - and later ultra-high-resolution aerial cameras. Pixels are getting smaller for digital cameras. But 1960 era silver-halite molecules are smaller still.

And our GPS and telecommunications benefited from the overall program.

Oh yes. Part of the Cold War strategy was to impoverish the USSR trying to keep up (they had like two-dozen Lunar missions and four were successful in landing equipment only). And there's another backstory.

A former employer (GAF/Ansco) was a supplier of film for the Apollo project. They also made film and wall-sized sensitized paper to develop images from the Mercury era CORONA satellites - that returned exposed canisters to earth - and later ultra-high-resolution aerial cameras. Pixels are getting smaller for digital cameras. But 1960 era silver-halite molecules are smaller still.

And our GPS and telecommunications benefited from the overall program.

I actually use to get those canisters after they were recovered by Airforce planes from the satellites and use the film to print pictures and then used stereoscopic viewers to make them 3-d to extract data from them. We had our own photo lab to develop and blow up the pictures to any size, that was where I learned developing and printing pictures as well as photo composition..

meopta-lf-2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back