Moonlight gold trip

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Well I had an odd phone call today at work from the wife , she said after work she thought we could go for a picnic and I could get some prospecting in and she could do some walking. That's odd she normally doesn't suggest anything to do with prospecting at all, so I started thinking is it my Bday, her bday, whats the occasion? Nope nothing like that she just wanted to get out of the house with me, maybe because I gave up my Sunday plans for sluicing to go kayaking to loon lake with her, she loves lake kayaking!! On Saturday we went to Coloma and hit the river with the kayaks and it was a blast/ exhilarating for me but she got a bit nervous and shaken up as she flipped her yak on the second set of white h2o rapids. After that spill she did great but still wanted to get out at the 1st check point, so we did. So back to the Au, we had a nice dinner with BBQ hot wings and watermelon..umm umm good!! Finished eating and it was almost dark but had good moonlight and proceeded to dig down on a gravel bar and blindly feed the material in the sluice. I think I managed about six pans of material classified to 1/4 inch by the time she finished walking her mile. So she helped me clean out the Angus Au trap sluice with my water bottle cause I left all my buckets at home oops..lol I brought the cons home to pan out in the man cave and this is what I ended up with. Thanks for checking it out, hope you enjoyed the story!! I know I greatly enjoy reading all of your prospecting adventures, keep em coming!! Gravelwasher

Attachments

• good au focus.JPG
    good au focus.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 498
  • lodge close up.JPG
    lodge close up.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC03930.JPG
    DSC03930.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC03919.JPG
    DSC03919.JPG
    17.4 KB · Views: 504
  • DSC03861.JPG
    DSC03861.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 502

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
Not bad at all for the time spent. Had fun and thats the main thing. I really enjoyed the pictures, thanks. How do you like you're sluice after using it awhile? I know I love mine. Doug.

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Doug,

Thanks I am glad you enjoyed!!

I like it a lot. I do however wish it had some v matting in the top flare to act as an inspection area. Maybe in every other drop put some v matt, just something besides a change in pressure would be nice, incorporate some sort of friction too for holding the Au.

The pic with the moon has the edge of my kayak in it, kinda looks like a UFO..lol

Thanks for commenting Doug!!!

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Takoda,

Thanks!! :hello:

From what I have seen you are on to that good stuff that makes dreams come true. Nice hard rock with some high grade ore, hows that going?

OP
OP
Gravelwasher

Gravelwasher

Jan 3, 2011
El Dorado County
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Takoda,

I hear ya on that slow biz, I went out today sluicing went very slow, found more Au in some moss on a rock than I did shoveling all morning. That hard rock is tough stuff, much respect for those that work it!! Keep at it.. Gravelwasher :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions