More Arizona stuff - Need date on shotgun shell!

Old Pueblo

Bronze Member
Mar 7, 2017
Arizona
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some more stuff from here in Southern Arizona, including a huge red trade pottery sherd, its dirty and I still have to clean off the dirt to expose more of that bright red color. A few shotgun shells, including a 1901 Winchester Repeater, an unfired UMC Club No 12, which dates to about 1885 to 1891, and a UMC No 12, which is older I think, but I dont know. Can anyone date this thing? Also part of an old straight razor, like the old time barbers would use. And theres what looks like some kind of harmonica reed, at the left. Anyone know more about that? The square thing is an orange stone, and since I found it in a late 1800s/early 1900s garbage dump, it might be artificial in some way. You dont see very many colorful, square stones like that lying around. Theres also a small metal flower button, an old Levi button, and a 1916 date nail, the best one for that year Ive found. The high was only like 93 today, but it was so humid it felt like 103, but then it started pouring down rain, so again I was forced to cut this outing short. Thanks for looking.

DSC03880.jpg DSC03884.jpg DSC03890.jpg DSC03871.jpg DSC03870.jpg DSC03878.jpg

Upvote 7

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey great hunt, I am learning something new everyday on the nail. Congrats on that and the rest of it !!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That straight razor is cool. Like the cute little button too. I never have gotten into dating head stamped shotgun brass. Probably would be a good way to age your surroundings. Nice relics as usual there in the desert.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread