More August Flint of Western Oklahoma

docmann

Jan 2, 2009
OKLAHOMA!
Detector(s) used
Rarely!
Every now and then fate favors us with a picture-perfect day such as yesterday, 8-17-10, in a field in Wash*ta County south of Clinton. It was a cool morning just following a fierce thunderstorm that unloaded nearly two inches in about an hour. I needn't explain what that does to the freshly plowed fields in terms of exposing flint. Moreover, the weather was cool, and it was my morning off. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause!
The first photo (poor quality) shows a nice little bone chisel along with some broken points. Notice the white wide point. This really stood out as an exception to the little Wash*ta, Harrell, and Fresno points typically found around the campsites we're currently exploring.
The next group is a nice cross-section of pieces. In this group is a nice little Harrell point (top) and Wash*ta point (bottom row) in about as good condition as one can expect for a 600 year-old artifact. The field is still littered with flint but we moved on to a field in western Custer county where we stumbled onto another nice collection (to follow).

Attachments

• Points.JPG
    Points.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 273
  • Composite Flint 8-17-10.GIF
    Composite Flint 8-17-10.GIF
    560.3 KB · Views: 117
  • Points.JPG
    Points.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 270
  • Composite Flint 8-17-10.GIF
    Composite Flint 8-17-10.GIF
    560.3 KB · Views: 114
  • DSC00254(2).JPG
    DSC00254(2).JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 268
  • DSC00254(3).JPG
    DSC00254(3).JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 258
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc
It is always with great pleasure I read your post. It looks like you have found some really good areas. Are they plowing for winter wheat? I have never seen such large fields as you have in Oklahoma. Great hunts and finds. In the first picture is that a chisel or an adze? Fine hunt sir and thanks for sharing. Good to see you back out there. :hello:
TnMtns

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread