TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to that link and can't see anything..
I think this is BS...
Although I have hunted graveyards with permission, I have never really found anything...
Maybe this "GHOST" guy beat me too it..

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
that was in 1994......I can't see a person in the picture either, too far away I guess, if there even is someone there..

HH

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks to me like there are a couple of ghosts detecting there. Maybe thats what we will do when we pass on.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah, I know you can't see him...you would have to assume that the people's description of what they saw is accurate.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've detected a few grave yards-nervously. I was hired to locate a family members ring that they thought they had lost there. I wote a story for W&E about it and it was turned down with good reason. The world isn't ready for us finding things there. Oh yeah, I found the ring and two others. ON TOP!!!!! ;D ;D

Sandman

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i have hunted near a cemetary before with the minister of the church and the grounds commitees permission. i would not however detect in a cemetary though.i think it is disrespectful, unless of course you were on a mission like sandman was. that is just my morals though,and im sure there are others who wouldnt have trouble with it.........to each his own.

TORRERO

30+ YEARS, XP DEUS I & II ARE MY GO TO MACHINES
Nov 17, 2004
NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I & II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, my father is the part time paster of a small church in rural S.C.
the congragation is small, less than 20 people, with a mediem size cemetary on the property.
He told me he did not think anyone would care, and to go ahead.
He knew one of the elders of the church whose family were founders in the church
in 1808, so I hunted it, and what did I find....
:o noooooo
it wasn't Frankenstain....
just a couple of wheats and a Sunday School pin...

the other was an abandoned black cementary here in NC and I got .... :o
One buffalo Nickel....

But the dead do not come out in the day...

Richard

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any good reason to hunt in a cemetary. Sure, I want to make nice finds as much as the next guy, but not that badly. The only reason I could see myself hunting a cemetary was if someone asked me to find a specific item, such as something that was placed on a grave site and then lost, so that it could be placed back where it belongs. Other than that, ANYTHING lying in a graveyard should be left to lie in peace. 'Nuff said.

Paul in WA

Oct 22, 2005
Washington State
Detector(s) used
DFX
Sounds like BS to me. Possibly someone with one of those battery powered weed wackers? Honestly I don't see the detectorist, or his vehicle........pulled it up on my new photoshop 9.0........messed with brightness, contrast, saturation, hue, IR, B&W...........you name it, I used it, and there is just no one in that picture that I can see. Maybe White's has a new "Stealth" model out...........the "B-117" with the "B-2" coil that is shaped like a wing

Paul

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are cultures that would be more upset with the photographer for capturing the "spirits" than with the detector. I don't condone violation of the sanctity of a cemetary, but ethics are an individual thing. Besides, the 12 people who had visited that site since 1994 probably didn't spread much hard feelings torwards detectorists. More graves are violated by "progress" and urban sprarwl than any of us ever could.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread