DickH

Greenie
Dec 6, 2008
Port Orchard, WA
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went back to the beach where I had previously found an armor piercing live round. I detected about a half mile along the waterline and back. Took me about 5 hours and finished at low tide {-3.5}. Found all the bullets in a thirty foot stretch. All twenty rounds are unfired - one of the large ones had been pinched to remove the slug, but the primer is intact.
Got some interesting junk: a broken oar lock, several square shank nails of varying sizes, a pyramid and whale lead fishing weights, a Canadian Buzz Bomb, a fish shaped lure, a dime and three memorial cents, nail clippers, some misc unknown thingumabobs, and finally a crud encrusted pocket knife {going to have to be careful trying to clean that up}. Had a fun day at the beach in the sun. Dick

Attachments

• entire-haul.jpg
    entire-haul.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 300
  • bullets-1.jpg
    bullets-1.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 305
  • bullet-base-1.jpg
    bullet-base-1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 249
  • bullet-base-2.jpg
    bullet-base-2.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 301
Upvote 0

TiredIron

Mar 10, 2009
Cotopaxi, Colorado
Detector(s) used
CZ-7, F5, FX-3
Ammo dates are just what they say....."Lake City 1966" and "Lake City 1972" U.S..30 Carbine and U.S..30 (aka 30.06).
TiredIron

Lake City Army Ammunition Plant
Lake City Army Ammunition Plant (LCAAP) located at Independence, Missouri, in Jackson County, is the largest small-arms (5.56 - 20 mm) manufacturing plant in the world. With the exception of the five year period between the end of World War II and the beginning of the Korean conflict, this government-owned, contractor-operated facility has been in continuous production since October 1941.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions