More Civil War relics, Plus a touch of WW1

K

KirkTN

Hello all,

Well, my finds from 03-03 were so few I waited to combine todays with them. My finds from hunt on the 3rd. were A WW1 era Great Seal Large coat button, Back mark, "Scovill MFG Co. Waterbury" also found a 1939 d Mercury dime. Today I found 2 Nice 3 ringers .58 cal and a .69 cal ball. a small 3 ringer haven't checked the cal. of it yet. misc lead a Civil war era umbrella piece. A couple interesting Iron pieces. The one is part of a large cutting blade with a extra long tang. The big chain looking piece I wonder about :icon_scratch: I've dug alot of chain pieces but nothing this large and unique. It was dug at a civil war site where Brother john37115 and I have dug dozens of civil war relics. Any I.D help on the knife or chain piece would be appreciated.

thanks for checkin' out the post.

Attachments

• first 3 ringer of the day.jpg
    first 3 ringer of the day.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 632
  • 69 caliber pumpkin ball.jpg
    69 caliber pumpkin ball.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 3,198
  • 2nd 3 ringer of the day.jpg
    2nd 3 ringer of the day.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 779
  • 2 hunt collection 3-03 & 04-09 50%.jpg
    2 hunt collection 3-03 & 04-09 50%.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 580
  • Iron finds 3-04-09.jpg
    Iron finds 3-04-09.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 592
  • WW1 coat button.jpg
    WW1 coat button.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 576
Upvote 0
OP
OP
K

KirkTN

VOL1266-X said:
Where's the REV War Relics Captain Kirk? Nice Finds!!! HH.

Man I would LOVE to find some Rev. war relics!! Maybe someday.

John Deere Digger

Bronze Member
Aug 26, 2007
So Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX, Prism5, Minelab SE
Nice digs. We drove right through Smith county over the weekend. Thought about you guys as I was driving. Saw plenty of good spots to detect in the Smokey mountain national park, but I bet I would have been in trouble with a detector there. Good luck on your next hunt.
JDD

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Nice civil war bullets.. congrats on the Merc dime. I can't help on the ID.
Dman

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds btw but I have a question we have hunted alot of civil war area's and found alot of the item circled but always threw them away b/c we thought thay were modern. Could you tell me what that is.

CW

Attachments

• indexCAQL090A.jpg
    indexCAQL090A.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 449

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The piece with the long tail is an old razor most likely had either a wood or bone handle, great find not many people find one here is a pic of mine after electrolysis.

Attachments

• razor 002.JPG
    razor 002.JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 855
OP
OP
K

KirkTN

Hey CW

There are a couple different pieces that look like the piece circled. Some are brass ventilator used on hats, and or brass used at the top of a folding umbrella. They are civil war era. You can see them pictured and read about them in the Crouch relic book.

OP
OP
K

KirkTN

cwdigger said:
The piece with the long tail is an old razor most likely had either a wood or bone handle, great find not many people find one here is a pic of mine after electrolysis.

You don't mean like a shaving razor do you? The piece I posted is very large you can see in reference to the mercury dime in the picture.

muleskinner

Aug 8, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
minelab, tesoro
Great haul Kirk! It appears you now your relics. As well you should, you dig enough of them. Doesn't get you stoked when you bring up something that old! Kep em comin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions