More Creek Finds - Help ID Please

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found two more points today in almost the exact spot in the creek that I found two awesome points last week! For more, this is being on fire! :)

Below is the website that I have been using to try and ID my points. Here is my opinion on the ID but I appreciate any help..

Illinois Creek Finds
Left point - deep notch
Right point - rice shallow notch

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Search/Illinois_Notched.html#Corner

Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• image-1449993147.jpg
    image-1449993147.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 137
  • image-1350463002.jpg
    image-1350463002.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 143
  • image-784964428.jpg
    image-784964428.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 138
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all 4 came from the same area I have to ask is all the same age? If they are most likely that spot was the camp site at one time and the creek has shifted and is now washing them out for you. Be careful where you step, great finds

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the four points the. I found probably within 50 yards of each other. I think they were located on 4 consecutive rock bars. I think the other piece is a piece of pottery that was found quite a bit further down stream.

Attachments

• image-339705321.jpg
    image-339705321.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 127

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great creek! Terrific finds! Thanks for showing.

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To me, the pictures show a few other things to investigate?
First pic, third of way over from bottom left?
I know it's a pic but there are many rocks there that would get my attention

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice points, I can't help much with the point types from your area. Sounds like you have a real good area of creek to hunt. With that density of finds I would be tempted to scratch around those gravel bars with a potato rake to see what else might surface, or to at least change it up a little to maybe give the next storm a better chance of exposing more points. Only of course if that is something you could get away with, or be allowed to do in that area. HH

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are the four points the. I found probably within 50 yards of each other. I think they were located on 4 consecutive rock bars. I think the other piece is a piece of pottery that was found quite a bit further down stream.
very nice!

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice points, I can't help much with the point types from your area. Sounds like you have a real good area of creek to hunt. With that density of finds I would be tempted to scratch around those gravel bars with a potato rake to see what else might surface, or to at least change it up a little to maybe give the next storm a better chance of exposing more points. Only of course if that is something you could get away with, or be allowed to do in that area. HH

I have tried that before in a different section of the creek. I last about 10 minutes and lose my patience because I can't help but think I am more likely to find an exposed artifact on another bar. I'll try to practice patience and check that section out because it probably is likely that there are more covered up...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like all cultures enjoyed a good local material. I think your creek is loaded. I have never seen creek hunts as good as the ones that come from your area/state.

OP
OP
B

BobGuy

Jul 6, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! I have certainly had some good luck over the last few weeks! Well deserved I will add given the number of hours I put in every week! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread