more displays from this years finds!

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got invited to give a showing of my artifacts, and talk about native americans in my area at the local middle school tomorrow! So I decided to get my stuff together! Thanks for looking!

IMG-20121014-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20121014-WA0006.jpg

Johnathan Griswold

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a lot more than that! Congratulations on being able to share with the younger ones.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks good to me.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
Man! You have the touch when it comes to putting display frames together. I have spent days, literally days, trying to put a frame together that looked half way artistic. Instead, it looked autistic.

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:
Man! You have the touch when it comes to putting display frames together. I have spent days, literally days, trying to put a frame together that looked half way artistic. Instead, it looked autistic.

I do a lot of art so I have a pretty good eye I guess, haha thanks!

Johnathan Griswold

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That great Jonathon. It's awesome that you are willing to share your finds and knowledge with the younger kids. You just might inspire someone to start looking for artifacts themselves and get them off the couch and away from video games.

I too am getting ready to do a two day show in my area. I am setting up ten 6 foot tables and we are having the local schools bring in kids on Friday and then it's open to the public on Saturday. This will be the 9th and 10th of November at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio.

Last edited:
OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Grim Reaper said:
That great Jonathon. It's awesome that you are willing to share your finds and knowledge with the younger kids. You just might inspire someone to start looking for artifacts themselves and get them off the couch and away from video games.

I too am getting ready to do a two day show in my area. I am setting up ten 6 foot tables and we are having the local schools bring in kids on Friday and then it's open to the public on Saturday. This will be the 9th and 10th of November at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth, Ohio.

Very nice Grim! Yeah I hope so, kids these days care nothing about the real things in life anymore..I was home schooled, and my family was/is deeply religious so I mad no tv, video games ect. I spent my entire childhood out side exploring, building forts in the woods, hunting artifacts. Post some pictures when you get you stuff up, I always enjoy seeing your artifacts!

Johnathan Griswold

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Children are intimidating haha but had a great time!

ForumRunner_20121015_140254.png

ForumRunner_20121015_140309.png

ForumRunner_20121015_140321.png

Johnathan Griswold

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's the good stuff right there!! That's awesome Johnathan good going!! cool.... I just saw my pottery pieces on the bottom of the board. ha ha...they certanley have grown legs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GatorBoy said:
That's the good stuff right there!! That's awesome Johnathan good going!! cool.... I just saw my pottery pieces on the bottom of the board. ha ha...they certanley have grown legs.

Yes they have!

Johnathan Griswold

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
My hat is off to you bro!! Nice gift to society you gave today. Your last pic with the kids is funny. That little boy to the far left looks lost as heck holding that "rock". I bet you had at least one kid ask if they could have one. Did you? You are a fine example of why surface hunting at least, should be accepted in all states. If not, who will educate the kids?? Archeologist sure would not take time to do it.

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:
My hat is off to you bro!! Nice gift to society you gave today. Your last pic with the kids is funny. That little boy to the far left looks lost as heck holding that "rock". I bet you had at least one kid ask if they could have one. Did you? You are a fine example of why surface hunting at least, should be accepted in all states. If not, who will educate the kids?? Archeologist sure would not take time to do it.

80 percent of them asked for one haha one kid offered me $10,000 for that crystal quartz I found the other day haha I said "sorry buddy worth more than that" I wish I took a picture of his face when I said it hahaha hilarious!

Johnathan Griswold

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
birdpointgriswold said:
80 percent of them asked for one haha one kid offered me $10,000 for that crystal quartz I found the other day haha I said "sorry buddy worth more than that" I wish I took a picture of his face when I said it hahaha hilarious!

Johnathan Griswold

Just for poops and giggles, I would have said, "show me the money". I have taken stuff in for the kids to see and it never failed they would ask for one. It's hard for me to say "no" to kids. Then, if you give one a point, you owe the others one. In between a rock and a hard spot!

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:
Just for poops and giggles, I would have said, "show me the money". I have taken stuff in for the kids to see and it never failed they would ask for one. It's hard for me to say "no" to kids. Then, if you give one a point, you owe the others one. In between a rock and a hard spot!

It was about 80 kids haha I wouldn't of had a collection when I left...

Johnathan Griswold

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
birdpointgriswold said:
It was about 80 kids haha I wouldn't of had a collection when I left...

Johnathan Griswold

They don't care either. I bet they all went home and got a triangular rock out of their drive way. Lol!

OP
OP
birdpointgriswold

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NC field hunter said:
They don't care either. I bet they all went home and got a triangular rock out of their drive way. Lol!

Haha funny you said that one kid said i find them all the time on the railroad tracks

Johnathan Griswold

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
birdpointgriswold said:
Haha funny you said that one kid said i find them all the time on the railroad tracks

Johnathan Griswold

I was telling Tn. Mountains a while back that I have found nice stuff on the tracks. My uncle found a nice grooved axe on the tracks while bird hunting. These are old tracks, and we walk the steep banks actually on the sides of the tracks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread