More farmsite relics recorded.

scaupus

Apr 20, 2011
Not too far from a beach
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
robbins3-14.jpg

1. 3.6" wide brass cinch ring with ferrous metal tongue, 5oz. If anyone is familiar with old cinch rings this large and heavy, please give me a holla.

2. base of a Princess Pat compact. I saw one on ebay, same base, with a cover design that was first produced in 1931. The base could be older; the company first produced Princess Pat in the early 20's, and while the covers changed, I'm thinking the base did not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...h1VlDHFpjdUgjqrIOoMJs%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

http://collectingvintagecompacts.blogspot.com/2012/01/princess-pat-real-story-of-this.html

3. Federal Monark shot shell headstamp. Produced for many decades, until the 60's I think, I'm not sure when it first came out.

4. a brass grommet, about an inch wide. It's shape - I've never seen one like this - may indicate it was intended to take a strap or belt.

All these came from an old abandoned farmstead in Davie Florida, that was probably founded in the teens or early 20's. It was inhabited before that by Seminoles. The US Army most likely came through the site in the 1840's hunting the Sam Arpeka band of Seminoles.

Upvote 0

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep on plugging im sure there is alot more there !

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2011
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS, T2 SE and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Broken knee

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2009
in your back yard
Detector(s) used
excal 2
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a cousin that lives in Davie. Keep hunting the silver cant be to far away!! HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread