More from the ca dfw

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499659278.280848.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1499659298.097422.jpg

Upvote 0

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this coming. People were getting more and more bold with the pumps. I thought about it but for one person it's not even worth it. I knew it wouldn't be long before the man showed up. Thanks for bringing the heat guys/gals... Now it won't be long before it's hand and pans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The bear river park has always been non motorized since I started going there. Doesn't matter what your running. If it is powered, it is not allowed.

This year would have bee a great year to run one with the gold that got flushed downand MyTime and I have shared many pipe dream conversations about high banking and dredging the park. They always ended with we have to keep with the rule and enjoy the fact that we can drive to the place, walk two hundred feet and collect some color. If it was on a claim that we had it would be a different story entirely.

OP
OP
gldguy1

gldguy1

Apr 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this coming. People were getting more and more bold with the pumps. I thought about it but for one person it's not even worth it. I knew it wouldn't be long before the man showed up. Thanks for bringing the heat guys/gals... Now it won't be long before it's hand and pans

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's what I'm worried about is just one mass hand and pans regulation. Thought the state in all waterways

trdking

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2015
Fullerton CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone got a little to close to that Rangers claim!

Clay Diggins

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2010
The Great Southwest
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what's the take on this doc then? You're free to highbank as long as you don't discharge? Or have a permit?

http://www.waterboards.ca.gov/water_issues/programs/cwa401/docs/suctiondredge/highbank_faq.pdf

That's a FAQ Robert. It's not a law, regulation or a rule. It's a handout from 2011 that refers to a magical nonexistent permit to do what the law already allows you to do.

My take on that is when you bring a handout to a discussion about the law it's really not much different than bringing a burro to a horse race. My challenge is for you or anyone else who believes highbanking is prohibited under the law to produce the actual law that someone could be charged with. That challenge has been restated many times since this rumor was started and yet no one has produced such a law.

n01d3x posted the link to the California laws so if there is such a law I'm sure you could find it with the simple search function provided. :thumbsup:

Heavy Pans

RobertF

Jan 19, 2011
Bakersfield, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't believe the act of high banking is illegal in the criminal sense. I shared that doc as that's what I normally see brought up by those that say it is illegal. Granted, no where in that doc does it say you will be criminally charged.

Now to play devils advocate here, just because a permit is hard to get doesn't eliminate the potential civil liability for not having it.

So just because you don't get criminally cited under a mining section of California code, doesn't mean you won't end up in court. They can drag you into civil court over the purported water code violations. Yeah,
you won't end up in jail, but you'd better have a good lawyer and a big bank account.

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Bear River Campground\Day Use Area is a state park I believe. I am not 100% sure about your rights in a state park, but I do believe they are far more limited than that on federal public lands. I haven't done much research into state parks, but with the knowledge I have, I wouldn't run any kind of pump in a CA state park, especially one that had a posted sign saying I couldn't. If I had the desire to do so I would do the research and go from there.
As far as the Water Board and that FAQ goes, there is no Water Board regulation specifically pertaining to highbanking. That FAQ puts highbanking against current general water board regs. If you think those regs stop you from highbanking then I'm not sure how you think you can run a stream sluice, use the river water to classify, pan with it, filter water to drink, take water for camp use or basically anything that even remotely involves you removing water or any mining activity other than maybe drywashing.

Last edited:

n01d3x

Apr 24, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never seen anyone using any kind of pump at the Bear.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread