Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't been out detecting in a while so I couldn't wait to get out today with Oxbowbarefoot and hunt those fields. Woke up early to a refreshing 8 degrees. Took a nice ride over the mountain and got to the fields just as the sun was coming up over a nearby hill. Got geared up and stuck my shovel in the ground. Well, tried to but the ground was frozen. Not going to stop us though and it eventually softened up a bit. One of my first finds was some kind of silver coin. It was bent and is missing some of the outer edge. It's a little bigger than a quarter and half the thickness. Don't have an exact weight yet but it's no more than 4 grams. Maybe it's just my eyes but I think I see a guy holding something in the close up of the coin. Could be anything coming out of here but with the patina and it being so thin makes me think old. The quarter was just for size reference not found today. Few others finds were a 1910 v nickel a lonely button and a little buckle. Can't wait till next time. Hopefully the temps are up so everyone can get out a few more times.

image-3259168748.jpg

image-4259260926.jpg

image-4262197523.jpg

image-3594120331.jpg

image-4036679360.jpg

image-2516825931.jpg

image-2107661444.jpg

image-2078801674.jpg

Upvote 3

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
could be an oldie - could be another fire coin -
I did not mention (because I lost it)
but I found a small blob from the "fields" -thought it was lead - but saw a shiney spot on it - spit on it
and it looks like silver - looks like it was in a fire - like merc you found there
at least your still getting stuff :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Greylock

Greylock

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Western MA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What are the leafy things ? Nice finds .

I think Oxbowbarefoot said they were some sort of decoration. they had grapes and vines attached to them

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your bad days would be GOOD days for me!! lol With that place you got there you'll never know what the next signal will be.. Good luck on your mystery piece. HH

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! That shovel into ground problem seems to be a common one now days, more PSI needed!! That entire field is going to be a couple of "feet lower" from all the stuff you guys are taking out of it!!!!! Best of luck and HH!

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
I hope someone figures out what that silver is for you. Those leaf things are cool, I think I could make a wreath with all the ones I've dug there, lol.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some nice finds for sure, and the weather is looking better, at least for a few days.
Good luck,
ZDD

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions