More from the Singapore beach

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's my treasure I found during my latest hunting exploits at Sentosa Beach, here in Singapore. In addition to usual pile of coins, I found 5 steel rings, 7 silver rings, 1 possible diamond, a Kris (knife), 5 gold rings, and a beautiful 22 kt gold pendent. All were found with the White's V3i and standard 10DD coil in salty wet sand.
Hunt 1.jpg

Closeup of my silver finds, which includes the largest ring I have ever found, a very heavy sterling silver ring with a unique design, and a pearl.
Hunt 2.jpg

This is the bronze Kris (keris) that I found. A Kris is a distinctive Malay sword; an asymmetrical double-edged thrusting dagger traditionally used as close-combat slashing weapon. Its main attribute is the blade which can be either straight or wavy and widens at the base usually at only one side, and usually artistically-decorated with spiritual motives in its base-detailing. The kris traditionally symbolizes the Malay family’s status, sovereignty and identity, and is also believed to have great mystical powers to protect its owner/s and their descendants.

Hunt 3.jpg

Historically originated from Java, and later spread to the rest of Indonesia, then Malaysia, southern Thailand and southern Philippines, the kris embodies the cultural history, art and spirit of the Malay people through animism, Hinduism and Islamic beliefs. In this modern time, the kris is being used more as a ceremonial item than war weapon, and indigenously found among the Malay descendants in these countries only. This tiny kris is a Talisman, or good-luck charm, although many Malaysians in my Embassy think it holds black-magic and they refuse to even touch it.

Here's the possible (I hope!) large diamond I found. The only reason I was able to detect it was because the diamond still had the sterling silver clasp that holds the diamond.
Hunt 4.jpg

Coins... I swear the beaches here are part sand, part coins.
Hunt 5.jpg

A nice 18 kt gold ring, studded with some sort of gem. I'll have to have some take a look at this.
Hunt 6.jpg

Thee more gold rings. The lower left is 14 kt, while the other two are 22 kt.
Hunt 7.jpg

Derek's girl lost a wonderful 18 kt gold ring studded with 10 tiny diamonds. I hope he doesn't get too angry!
Hunt 8.jpg

When I dug this piece up.. my pulse raced with excitement. The back indicates it is 22 kt, which was pretty obvious as it came out of the salty water this clean! I do not know what the green and red stones are.. Emeralds and Rubies? The pedant is 4 grams (.15 oz) and is about the size of a quarter.
Hunt 9.jpg

Upvote 0

Blind Squirrel

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2010
NC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE, Whites PI Pro, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great bunch of finds!!! Congrats :icon_thumright:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Great finds, the stones in the small 22kt pendant look real :o I might be coming to Singapore in October :P think I'll pack the detector :icon_thumleft:

SS

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
Holey Precious Metals & Gemstones :o
That's a great site to be able to hunt ! Congrats ;D

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the high K gold!! The beaches over there must be an untapped resource. :icon_thumright: I would say banner hunt for sure!

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Wow, now thats some NICE treasure! Looks like a great area for hunting AND relaxing. Hope you find even more, well from the looks of it you will have no problem doing that. :headbang:

OP
OP
PKennett

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mystro7 said:
Looks like a great area for hunting AND relaxing. Hope you find even more, well from the looks of it you will have no problem doing that. :headbang:

Unfortunately I leave Singapore on July 1st, 2011, and I won't be able to metal detect again until the summer of 2012. :(

M

MiniMe

WOW :o What a day you had! That pendant is absolutely beautiful as are all the rings. Silver and gold...they just go so well together. HH!

g-olden years

Silver Member
Nov 10, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Fabulous finds! Thanks for your informative and beautiful presentation of them all. I hope you will always keep the lovely gold pendant or give it to someone you love, as it could serve as a wonderful good luck charm and happy reminder of Singapore! It would look wonderful suspended in a sunny window! Let us all know whether the big diamond turns out to be real! Andi

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beautiful and numerous finds! Good for you and keep it up! Don't look like you got much competition over there! Thanks so much for sharing. 8)

I wouldn't "set" my heart on that diamond in the silver stud thing, but I might would on that 18k ring, super nice!
Your heart looks India Indian to me, possibly ruby emerald, the emeralds look a little dark, that could just be lighting. Sweet though!

Great great going! Please share again.

OP
OP
PKennett

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
testing123 said:
Is there a lot of trash on the beaches as well?

No trash. Singaporeans keep their beaches quite clean.. as they do their entire city.
Singapore is one of the cleanest cities in the world (remember, they cane people for graffiti!)

I usually find about 20 or 30 coins, and 1 or 2 steel rings for every pull tab.
I find 1 bottle cap per hunt.
I am one of the only two people in this country that uses a metal detector. The other guy goes out once a month.

This is a treasure hunter's paradise.

Peter

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PKennett said:
testing123 said:
Is there a lot of trash on the beaches as well?
No trash. Singaporeans keep their beaches quite clean.. as they do their entire city.
Singapore is one of the cleanest cities in the world (remember, they cane people for graffiti!)
I usually find about 20 or 30 coins, and 1 or 2 steel rings for every pull tab.
I find 1 bottle cap per hunt.
I am one of the only two people in this country that uses a metal detector. The other guy goes out once a month.
This is a treasure hunter's paradise.
Peter
Maybe, S Florida can adopt that, "cane ya for littering and graffiti"!
Some here, could use a cracked skull, to help get some things, into their brains.
Pain, is so often, an effective means of determent. :whip2:

ynpto804

Jan 23, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Sun-ray X-5 coil and X-1 Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As always amazing post. I'm looking forward to seeing the Singapore group shot. I just hope you don't have to pay customs for all that bling!

heepiepow

Aug 27, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy moley!!! Any single of these finds would be remarkable, but soooo many awesome jewelry and coins! And that gold pendant is phenomenal! I'm going to nominate your finds for the banner if I can figure how to do so.

I mean wow, that's a lifetime of awesome finds, and you did it in short order! :hello2:

OP
OP
PKennett

PKennett

Oct 18, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ynpto804 said:
I just hope you don't have to pay customs for all that bling!

Fortunately I am coverred by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations so my household effects can not be searched, and are free from any customs inspection or duty.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PKennett said:
ynpto804 said:
I just hope you don't have to pay customs for all that bling!
Fortunately I am coverred by the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations so my household effects can not be searched, and are free from any customs inspection or duty.
Sweet! You go dude!
Now, Can I put in my order for precious stones, for ya trip to the US? :laughing7:
I wanna say i'm teasing, but I'm not really, but I am, hey, no troubles needed here, ya know. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions