More Germany Finds (Part2) Silver

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
All finds were from this weekend on the US base here in Germany using my XLT.
Well the highlight of the weekend is the silver Half-Dollar(1942), found under a two inch tree root, I was shocked to find it here on post. Finally started to find some older US coins, got a couple pennies from 41, 55. Some Nazi coins from 1942/43.

I also believe that I found a musket ball(left of silver coin) and also I think the button with crown might be old German Army.

Lastly found complete cartridges from 1944 in 30 carbine and 30'06(AP).
HH

Attachments

• 1 April.jpg
    1 April.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 862
  • 1 April part 2.jpg
    1 April part 2.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 848
Upvote 0

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Awesome finds mate, finding anything like any of that would blow my mind. Keep up the good work you must be building up quite a collection by now.

HH

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
Looks like you guys do nothing else on your base but seed coins in the ground :). I find 1 coin per hour in average here in Germany :).

Your crown button is typical military one from the early 1900s, I guess it is made out of zinc.

Nice variety of finds

HH
#
Sand

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job!

HH
-GC

Stormtrooper154

Bronze Member
Nov 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE
Holy Crap that is a lot of targets dug!!! WTG on the cool finds and the Walker under the root. I had a screaming signal under a root that took me a 1/2 hour to get once.....Dang rusted bottle cap :-\ It was right next to a 1925 Wheatie, so I had pictures of silver dancing through my head LOL ;D ;D

Sand

May 20, 2005
Germany
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250; Minelab Explorer II
By the way, my deepest hole - ~70cm - 1 hour digging in the dry clay - it was like beton.

DSCF0373.jpg

Aluminum wire.....

OP
OP

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Sand; Don't feel bad, I dug a 2 foot hole. Got excited that it was a German Army helmet, well it was a rusty bucket >:(

Wasabi

Nov 7, 2005
Brevard County, FL ~ USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalinbur II,White's Beach Hunter ID 300, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher F75, Tesoro Golden UMax, Whites 4900/D, Bounty Hunter IV, Bounty Hunter Big Bud
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to cut a tree root and dig down over a foot just to retrieve a rusty old shovel.
I had to dig for a shovel...How ironic.

Great finds 88.

88irocarmy said:
Sand; Don't feel bad, I dug a 2 foot hole. Got excited that it was a German Army helmet, well it was a rusty bucket >:(

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
Hey cool finds!!! Those linked bullets you found are from an MG 42!! I have some links for the modern G-4 german machine gun (basically an MG 42 still) and they look exactly the same!!!

I may have to try hunting on post sometime... I know of a few closed posts around here.

Just my advice.. but you can go to the PX (or BX/power zone depending on whats around) and get a hole digging shovel. Not the spade, or wide flat ended ones.. the kind of narrow bladed ones. It makes digging a LOT faster.. and its easier to make a plug in the dirt. They are about 8 bucks. I bought too since I broke one of my shovles on a dig.. and didn't have a spare!!

I hope you find some more good stuff!! I hope to go out this weekend. I don't have much time before I am in the desert. HH!!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A variety of GREAT finds! Congrats!

Nana :)

OP
OP

88irocarmy

Feb 25, 2007
Rhineland Gerrmany
Detector(s) used
Deus XP 3.2
Thanks all
Viper: The linked ammo is actually 5.56mm SAW, the pictures distorts it abit. I have been using an Army E-Tool as my primary shovel, lack of rain is starting to harden the ground. My metal detecting has been put on pause, I injured my ankle during a soccer game. I will check the PX for the shovel .
HH

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Glueck wunsch! :D
Congrats. Looks like a lot of fun.

viper771

Jul 17, 2006
Germany
88irocarmy said:
Thanks all
Viper: The linked ammo is actually 5.56mm SAW, the pictures distorts it abit. I have been using an Army E-Tool as my primary shovel, lack of rain is starting to harden the ground. My metal detecting has been put on pause, I injured my ankle during a soccer game. I will check the PX for the shovel .
HH

Ah a s.a.w.! Well, if you come across ammo that kinda looks like that out in the woods somewhere thats linked.. hehe Usually mg38/42 ammo have rough markings on them. I haven't found any linkage for german machine guns.. but many casings.

I think the shovel will help out a lot. I hope your ankle is better soon too!! Weather has been beautiful lately!! HH!

nahabit

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2006
viper771 said:
88irocarmy said:
Thanks all
HH

Ah a s.a.w.! Well, if you come across ammo that kinda looks like that out in the woods somewhere thats linked.. hehe Usually mg38/42 ammo have rough markings on them. I haven't found any linkage for german machine guns.. but many casings.

I think the shovel will help out a lot. I hope your ankle is better soon too!! Weather has been beautiful lately!! HH!
mg34 or 42 but ammo from these machineguns are absolutly equally

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions