More gold for the stash

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Picked up some $10 Canadian gold coins from 1912-1914. Never had seen them before. Got them for only a few bucks over melt. Really neat old coins. I really prefer the old gold coins over modern day bullion, even though most collectors don't. For now the old stuff is the cheapest way to buy gold (with the exception of old US gold coins).

Picture from the net I found.

https://www.jandm.com/script/getitem.asp?PID=43

Jim

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I've never seen those around either Jim.

Nice buy!

When you talk gold and silver most people get the top ones in their mind.... eagles... maples... and don't think about all the other stuff that is out there. There is A LOT of it.

~Dave

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
BBcardsRI said:
I've never seen those around either Jim.

Nice buy!

When you talk gold and silver most people get the top ones in their mind.... eagles... maples... and don't think about all the other stuff that is out there. There is A LOT of it.

~Dave

Dave,

And although I do not believe there will ever be another gold confiscation in this country , I feel that buying old gold coins that were once actual currency might be good insurance just in case. Perhaps if they did another one they would exempt gold coins prior to a certain date, like 1933, etc.

Either way, they have some character to them as opposed to modern bullion. You just gotta make sure you know what you are buying so you don't wind up with counterfeits or fakes.

Jim

OP
OP
J

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
mistergee said:
where did you find these ???

Got them from a local coin shop. They got a few in the day or so before and I bought what they had. Hard to find decent low premium gold these days.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread