ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went back out earlier this morning to the spot where I pulled a good amount of gold from last week. Spent a good 4 1/2 hours gridding the negative low tide wet sand, from bottom slope to upper slope nice and slow. Lots of targets again and all over the depth range, from shallow loud to deep whispers I dug everything that made a sound. Ended the hunt with $8.59 in clad, 2 small 14k pendants, and 1 small 14k ring, total gold weight 2.5 grams, so we're talking light gold here, but I'm definitely not complaining. Also pulled 5 small pieces of silver jewelry. Lots of trash too!

Thanks for looking, HH!

Attachments

• 1-1.JPG
    1-1.JPG
    306.4 KB · Views: 132
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    193.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 103
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    386.8 KB · Views: 108
Upvote 0

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
My gosh, what a fantastic hunt.

You have an absolute treasure trove there. I particularly love the stainless steel washer. I've got a box of 'em and they are great. Your's seems to have survived quite well.

The bobby pins are mostly all common except for the couple of 1980's I see and one possibly from the early to mid 70's. Pretty spectacular finds ya got there.

I was torn as to to weather the fish hook was my favorite or the washer, but the washer won after some thought.

... and let's not forget as an added bonus- a fine collection of fishing sinkers.

What a great hunt, two thumbs up! You guy's got some great stuff out there on the west coast.

Oh yeah, the coins and gold are kind of nice too...

search and recovery

May 6, 2011
Halifax, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Whites Surfmaster Dual Field, Fisher CZ 6a,Teknetics G2,Deeptech Vista Gold, Tosoro Sand Shark, Minelab Sovereign GT, Sunspot sand scoop
Wow! You are on a roll! I would hunt every low tide until the hot streak ends. Congratulations again!

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
Sounds like you need help clearing out this area. Dont want to to get to much gold. It gets heavy and will hurt your back. Congrats

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You've found a spot that we all dream about...incredible...congrats...hope you get some more.

redcobra8u

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2014
Los Angeles
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome spot indeed!

bluediamounds 55

Feb 2, 2012
tx.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excalibur 11 dfx 300
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice hunt when you find gold and silver congrats

wildcarrot

Oct 5, 2013
SoCal
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old used white's surfmaster PI, Dual Field, DFX, Minelab GM 1000 and Nox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave you're killin' it...I can't believe the gold that's coming out of this small area. Our buddy Jack called me this morning. He saw you and decided to hunt the north side. Picked two rings one 18K and a white gold 14K with 16 diamonds !!!

OP
OP
ScooperDave

ScooperDave

Jan 29, 2014
Orange County, California
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT w/10"x 12" SEF Butterfly Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rich! Awww man I knew I should have kept gridding north but I stopped and turned around and headed back south when the targets started thinning out, oh well cant get em all right? I thought I saw a silhouette of a hunter off in the distance but wasn't sure. Wow 16 diamonds?!!? That must of been quite a looker!

Un Da Da Sea

Mar 8, 2014
Hawaii
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark
White's Dual field
Minelab excal II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Enjoy, enjoy and yes, continue to enjoy.
Good for you.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Impressive hunting, ScoopeDave:notworthy:

Lorraine

MTJosh

Jan 23, 2014
AZ & Deer Lodge, MT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Garrett propointer Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rich - This explains why when I tired afternoon tide it was barren till I got past where dave was then barren again. only got two quarters. must have been between where Dave and Jack hunted. Area sanded in fast. At least on this tidal cycle. Only targets way up high. Hope it opens back up and hope more of the beach opens too so lots of ground to hunt. Good news is with hot weather lots of people at the beach. And even with cold ocean the hot air had many people in the water so getging that time of year when new gold will fall into the water. Thankfully on walk out found a quick $1 in clad on dry sand.
Dave you're killin' it...I can't believe the gold that's coming out of this small area. Our buddy Jack called me this morning. He saw you and decided to hunt the north side. Picked two rings one 18K and a white gold 14K with 16 diamonds !!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread