more good stuff

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
on my way home from work today I stopped by the same field where I have been finding all the nice points. spent about an hour walking it and came up with these nice pieces made of some of the most colorful flint I have found there yet. found 1 broken knife and one broken point with a strange looking base on it. The small scraper(?) has a nice color pattern on it. it is worn on the big end and one side. the small point is different from anything I have found. it has nice striping in the flint. most of my finds were broke but it was still a great evening.

Attachments

• on the way home.jpg
    on the way home.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 279
  • home 2.jpg
    home 2.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 273
  • home 3.jpg
    home 3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 277
  • home 4.jpg
    home 4.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 280
  • home 5.jpg
    home 5.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 269
  • home 6.jpg
    home 6.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 266
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking finds Huntress. Shame that Point has tip damage. That would have been a dandy for sure. It's still pretty darn nice. That Scraper has some killer colors to it.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
SRV said:
Nice looking finds Huntress. Shame that Point has tip damage. That would have been a dandy for sure. It's still pretty darn nice. That Scraper has some killer colors to it.

thanks SRV. got any idea what the point with the tip damage would be? How about the smaller one with the stripe thru it?

F

Felinepeachy

Good day hunting Huntress. I love that point with the stripe. It looks like it only has one notch, kind of weird. I love weird LOL :thumbsup:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The last one with the pretty bottom. Is it round and flaked on top? Might be a turtle back scraper. Like the large piece that was worked along the edges into a serrated tool.
You find some interesting stuff.

OP
OP
huntress104

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
TnMountains said:
The last one with the pretty bottom. Is it round and flaked on top? Might be a turtle back scraper. Like the large piece that was worked along the edges into a serrated tool.
You find some interesting stuff.

The colorful scraper has a dull back and is kinda flat also. it does have some flaking on the top edge of the big end. The area is worn smooth like it has been used quite a bit but you can still see the work on it. the bottom of it (color side) is as smooth as glass and just as shiny. fits perfectly in your hand. I am glad you find my pieces interesting. I have had good luck being able to hunt some nice places. I know there is a lot more out there.

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Huntress! looks like you have a nice hunting spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread