(More Hunted Out Park Finds) 16 Wheats,6 Silvers,1888 IHP, Token Relics And More

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Hey everyone,

Still hitting that old park. Finds have been slower the past few trips though. I'm having troubles with my favorite coil. I won't hunt with the stock coil on the dfx.

I am so sold on the larger coils it's hard to hunt with the stock. So until I get this coil 1400 repaired again I think finds will be down atleast 50 percent. Need alot of coverage in this large heavily hunted areas. The stock takes way to many sweeps to cover the ground.

But I did however come up with a few finds. Nothing rare or really old. Been a slow season for rare coins so far. I'll still get close to 100 silvers this yr. And 50 indians won't be a problem. I'm at that now. But rare dates have been far few and inbetween.

Here is a break down of the finds. 16 wheats no good dates. 3 old 40's jeffersons. 3 1958 10 cent play coins. 1 neat old token with hole in the center. Probably from the 40's or 50's. 1 1918 merc 1 1942 washington. 1 1943 war time nickle. 1 1962 rosie.

Got a nice sterling silver spoon bowl handle missing. Searched for it but didn't come up with the other half. Got a cool little enameled piece of silver that was attached to something at one point. Looks to be gold also. Not sure what it went onto to.

Other than that nothing else to mention. Except this very strange little gun. Not like all the others. This one is made of copper or brass. Has a larger caliber hole than a cap gun would normally have. Is this a mouse gun or something. Or just a really neat toy gun.

Thanks for looking and commenting.

HH Jer

Attachments

• oct 08 again 003.jpg
    oct 08 again 003.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 638
  • oct 08 again 001.jpg
    oct 08 again 001.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 650
  • oct 08 again 004.jpg
    oct 08 again 004.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 650
  • oct 08 again 005.jpg
    oct 08 again 005.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 648
  • oct 08 again 006.jpg
    oct 08 again 006.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 639
  • oct 08 again 007.jpg
    oct 08 again 007.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 635
  • gun 001.jpg
    gun 001.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 371
  • gun 002.jpg
    gun 002.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 363
  • gun again 002.jpg
    gun again 002.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 360
Upvote 0

dex378

Dec 1, 2007
Foxboro, Massachussetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Re: (More Hunted Out Park Finds) 16 Wheats,6 Silvers,1888 IHP, Token Relics And

Can You get a close up of the gun? I think it may be a .22 Stinger. (.22 caliber short derringer!)

auprospector44

Jan 8, 2008
Also kinda looks like some of the early single shot vest pistols such as the Allen & Wheelock center-hammer type 5A and the Stevens Single Shot Vest Pistol.
You can get an idea of some of these pistols at this site: www.cwslagleantiques.com/index.cfm. Don't really know that much about them, but it is possible.

Nick A

May 10, 2007
Columbus Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Fisher CZ3D
I'm not that into guns, but that gun you found does look interesting. It looks like the real deal, albeit on a small scale, not a toy.

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jer,
Nice finds. I just started hunting with a small coil then the stock and I've had some really nice results with it. I find that the smaller coil makes me slow down and detect more effectively. I do want to get a bigger coil for farm field hunting but that won't happen until I can build my cash reserve a little.

HH

NJ

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Good stuff; I know what you mean about the rare coins. It's nice to be spoiled though, right? How many guys would love to find ten silvers a year, let alone a hundred? :wink:

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"And 50 indians won't be a problem. I'm at that now."

Jer,
I wish I could say that. :wink: 50 IH's is fantastic. :thumbsup: I love finding those beautiful coins.
Congrats on your recent hunt & the silver haul. Very sweet. :icon_king:
-MM-

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, Jeremy! I'm envious here too!! :D 8) Super finds as always! And that gun...wow!

Thanks for posting! You always do a GREAT job cleaning those finds!

Nana :wink:

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Beautiful find's Jer....Kinda know what you go through when you find the A-Z varitie's ;D.....The pistol is a different story though,I'm gonna say "real McCoy",need some better pic's and anything written on it,Derringer/Boot Pistol for sure!!!Nice Job!!!! :thumbsup:

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Nice job, Jer!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: You've got quite a mix of finds there!

It's great to have a park that always keeps on producing for you!!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow. You got a little of everything there. I like the pocket watch. :thumbsup:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
not 100% but it looks like a 32 cal parlor pistol no powder used you put a round ball in it pull the hammer back put on a #10 cap and pull the trigger good for hookers and card players used for shooting the fella in the ding ding when he would not pay for sevices rendered or cheating at cards good up to 8 feet any farther and you make the guy mad and just break the skin.

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
Re: (More Hunted Out Park Finds) 16 Wheats,6 Silvers,1888 IHP, Token Relics And

Looks good. Gun is interesting as is the figures. Fun to find that stuff. :)

Still like that monster coil? I can imagine your arm gets tired after a couple hours hunting with that thing.

Bob

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You really have a good spot there.
I'm impressed with your coin count.
Nice finds.

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Thanks alot everyone for all your comments and help.

Second I would like to say Thank you very much to a women named Marry who I spoke to today in Sweet Home Oregon about the issues with my 1400 coil. No questions asked I'm being sent a brand new coil. I really feel I need to send this women a card and a gift.

So If your out there on Tnet you have made my season alot brighter in alot of ways. To a treasure hunter this is just as good as having found silver coins or some great find alone. I need this coil to perform well at these sites.

Sorry, It took so long to get back to this topic. I've been inbetween my job and kids since I posted. Not to mention all of the chores that need done.

I put up three new pics of the pistol. To try and show size and caliber. Does look like a small round ball 22 32 cal went to this pistol.Some of the pistol is missing. And you know what the hole it was found in still had a crackle when I closed it up. The gun was found in 2 pieces. The trigger and hammer may be in that hole. I'll have to check on that.

It is bent also some. Was found on a path and may have been run over by a horse or buggy at one time. This is some solid metal to be trying to bent without alot of force. Must have had wood handles cause there gone to. Looks to be alot older than most 30's and 40's finds that come out of this area.

MM, any more I have to basically count indians as silver type coin finds. It's really hard to get anything older small denomination in any bulk ammount. So the good old indian a favorite coin for me to find is about as old as I can touch back with consistent sucess.

Yes,

I would like to own every coil guys if I could money pending. These coils aren't cheap. But I do get tiered after awhile with the 1400 but I'll swing it for double old coins. I've compared coils to it finds wise like this. Stock coil three hrs at this park 11 old coins. Next day same site large coil 20 old coins. I have done it time over and over again while out hunting my partners more than 90 percent of the time.

Take care everyone

HH Jer

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now I want a big coil even more then ever before....

Thanks..lol

NJ

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions