More Interesting Finds But...

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy folks. I went back this afternoon to the field of iron I worked yesterday. I had my mind set on scoring that silver or 1800's coin if I had to stay out there all night. I did hunt till dusk and found some cool stuff but, no coins today. Scored a real nice brass buckle, Detroit Lubricator Company round brass cover part for a steam engine, various iron for ox-horse harnesses, iron tag for a cow, large copper melted glob-why I am not finding coppers-they melted them, little brass circle thingy with a stem, musket ball, bottle with 1/2 cup measurement, Bakelite knob for radio, and another nice tiger stripe marble. I did recover a mangled large Eagle button with no back. I actually eyeballed that one too as it's green edge was sticking up through the dirt. A tad bit discouraged not finding any old coins here but, at least recovering some cool old history and helping the farmer get rid of the unwanted large iron. Maybe tomorrow I'll find a coin? Adios. 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 012.JPG 005.JPG

Upvote 5

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations on your hunt, I would think there are still some quality targets that are waiting to be found.
Good luck.

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt! Congrats and HH

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am half tempted to ask the farmer to hook up the big green tractor to the plough and run it through this section of field. I could explain to him I am looking for deeper iron to remove from his field. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions