More local waste area stuff

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
These were extracted from an area at the base of an eroding sand butte where a LOT of bottles, cans, love locks, keys, grocery carts and less describables have ended up. The area has hosted at least two homeless encampments, is littered with half buried cars from the 40s and 50s (run off the top of the butte), some possibly wholly buried and there's definitely large objects down in the ground a foot or more. My partner located an intact rosary in addition to a couple other little finds but I found this stuff here. It's very much modern, the erosion carries things down, buries them, uncovers them again and steadily buries them deeper and deeper near the base, I managed to find the better portion of a large steel shelving unit about 7ish inches down away from the cliff at least a good 70-80 feet.
The bottle I took because I love the little colored guys, I mean, it's a Jagermeister pony so nothing valuable but very cute. The can opener is in serviceable condition, I'm cleaning off the rust spots as I type, it'll go in the kitchen drawer along with the rest.
That 357 hollow point is the first of it's kind I've found metal detecting, my first "un-exploded ordinance", the other casing is a 9mm Luger. Nothing terribly fancy but I didn't go in with major expectations and I spent minimal time searching, 15-20 minutes tops, non committal in the approach and fast in the execution which is how I often roll. I've been jokingly drawing parallels between finding arrowheads and spent casings, bullets and now un-fired rounds. Single use weapons to be found laying around, willy nilly, minimal to no value of any sort and almost annoying to find.
One thing I can say with reasonable certainty: this is an area metal detectorists and relic hunters appear to have missed. It's difficult to access, you have to be in fairly good shape to reach it and it's not terribly apparent from any roads around it. A secret location of which I know a number. In any case, a few minor finds, nothing special today but then that's more often the case than not, I just enjoy finding neat stuff sometimes...

Attachments

• IMG_20240328_203416649~2.jpg
    IMG_20240328_203416649~2.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 30
Upvote 4

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These were extracted from an area at the base of an eroding sand butte where a LOT of bottles, cans, love locks, keys, grocery carts and less describables have ended up. The area has hosted at least two homeless encampments, is littered with half buried cars from the 40s and 50s (run off the top of the butte), some possibly wholly buried and there's definitely large objects down in the ground a foot or more. My partner located an intact rosary in addition to a couple other little finds but I found this stuff here. It's very much modern, the erosion carries things down, buries them, uncovers them again and steadily buries them deeper and deeper near the base, I managed to find the better portion of a large steel shelving unit about 7ish inches down away from the cliff at least a good 70-80 feet.
The bottle I took because I love the little colored guys, I mean, it's a Jagermeister pony so nothing valuable but very cute. The can opener is in serviceable condition, I'm cleaning off the rust spots as I type, it'll go in the kitchen drawer along with the rest.
That 357 hollow point is the first of it's kind I've found metal detecting, my first "un-exploded ordinance", the other casing is a 9mm Luger. Nothing terribly fancy but I didn't go in with major expectations and I spent minimal time searching, 15-20 minutes tops, non committal in the approach and fast in the execution which is how I often roll. I've been jokingly drawing parallels between finding arrowheads and spent casings, bullets and now un-fired rounds. Single use weapons to be found laying around, willy nilly, minimal to no value of any sort and almost annoying to find.
One thing I can say with reasonable certainty: this is an area metal detectorists and relic hunters appear to have missed. It's difficult to access, you have to be in fairly good shape to reach it and it's not terribly apparent from any roads around it. A secret location of which I know a number. In any case, a few minor finds, nothing special today but then that's more often the case than not, I just enjoy finding neat stuff sometimes...
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread