More man from Clad, but at least with a reminder.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out for a couple hours, got some clad and a ring. Yep, a ring. :)

But, the lesson isn't finding the ring but rather, how.

This is the overall pile.

IMGA1655.JPG

Along the way, I got a hit that was iffy at best, I was a little tired, frustrated, decided to pass it up. Then, of course, circled back and just HAD to know. ;)

This is what I saw:

BROKENRING1.jpg

Notice the ground, dry, hard, everything seemed to be the same color. :(

BROKENRING2.jpg

Upon closer examination, there was something there.

BROKENRING3.jpg

Lo and behold, a ring! Ahhhh! My day just got easier. :)

Unfortunately, it would turn out to be made in Hong Kong. Just junk jewelry. :dontknow:

First reminder? Dig EVERYTHING! ;)

But, that's not even the whole story. After filling in the hole, I went on my way looking for the next hit. Then, for some reason, I started thinking that if a ring is lost, it probably fell out of a pocket. So I started wondering, what else might have fallen out nearby, (if my theory was true).

I wandered back over my hole and checked, nope, nothing in the same hole. (That made me feel a little better. :) )

But, just about 3 inches away, I got a definite penny hit but not very loud. I figured another zincoln. Here is what I saw.

BROKENRING4.jpg

See that tiny little red spot in the bottom of the hole?
Here it is a little closer.

BROKENRING5.jpg

First of all, let me say that I was really impressed that my machine even saw that down there! :) But, it did remind me, to also ALWAYS check the hole AND the surrounding area. Sometimes, we pinpoint, dig, find, satisfied that we found the target, we move on.

IMGA1656.JPG

Hope someone enjoyed the little lesson.

Thanks for peeking and never forget that this is supposed to be fun! If it stops being fun that day, quit, go home, come back when it is again.

HH!

Upvote 1

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
I can't tell how many time I have gone back to a target that at first I did not dig. LOL nice ring. I bet your glad you went back.

JanThorCro

Aug 29, 2012
The Land of Captain Crunch
Detector(s) used
DFX

Starting to understand the machine. :)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pair of rings and some clad. I really like the color on that stone. Any idea what the stone is. Color doesn't look right for garnet. It looks to old for tourmaline too.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't tell how many time I have gone back to a target that at first I did not dig. LOL nice ring. I bet your glad you went back.

I am glad, yeah. But, it's just a junk ring. The lesson about going with a gut feel is more important. Most times, I'll just start roaming about and kinda letting my feet just take me where they feel like going. Ya know? ;)

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice pair of rings and some clad. I really like the color on that stone. Any idea what the stone is. Color doesn't look right for garnet. It looks to old for tourmaline too.

I must not have made this too clear but it's just a junk ring made in Hong Kong. The two separate hits are different pieces of the same ring. Not very often one finds the setting in a different hole. LOL.

Thanks for the response!

HH!

mrmackin

Aug 1, 2012
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a little tired, frustrated, decided to pass it up. Then, of course, circled back and just HAD to know. ;)

If I hd a dime for every time I've done that I'd have..........'bout three rolls of dimes!:BangHead:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
WHADIFIND said:
I am glad, yeah. But, it's just a junk ring. The lesson about going with a gut feel is more important. Most times, I'll just start roaming about and kinda letting my feet just take me where they feel like going. Ya know? ;)

Well look at it like this. Somebody bought it and wore it and then lost it. You swung your coil over and passed it by then went back and dug it. Now it's yours.

got2dig

Bronze Member
Feb 9, 2012
Mid-Tenn
Detector(s) used
XLT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now this was a good day for you and all of us. Thanks for the post this will make us all go over the hole one more time. I know I well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread