MORE MATERIAL FROM THE MINE

G

ghostminer

Besides gold & platinum we have many interesting finds yet to be identified from our mine. I showed one of them in the previous post. Here is a collection of more material. I think the black stone may be obsidian? IMG_20170328_083721 (1).jpg

Upvote 0

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not sure what the geology is of the area your mine is in but that black rock does not look right for obsidian to me...check out chert instead. Unless of course your mine is in an area of volcanic activity.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Reed, what do you think of this ground? It has tested very well. DSC00233.jpg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jasper, chert , calcedony

Check the tan and gray for spark with a steel

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Thanks goldwasher. Just got back some info on the contents of trey > agate & jasper. Any market for this stuff? I think we got lots LOL.

what

Oct 9, 2015
USA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks goldwasher. Just got back some info on the contents of trey > agate & jasper. Any market for this stuff? I think we got lots LOL.

There is some market for the premium pieces (good color/patterns/size) but definitely not worth your time compared to the other mineral wealth around. Cabs would be worth a few bucks each but that is a lot of work...

Also after looking at your photo a little closer that one little black rock bottom right might be a chunk of obsidian. Mt. Lassen has some very unique obsidian in the area too so keep an eye out for that.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

I was told maybe $5 per pound tops in raw form.

winners58

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
be careful, Rock collecting can become an addiction, pretty soon you'll have piles of rocks everywhere.

I don’t have a rock problem, I swear!!! :happysmiley:

looks like these people can help, Rock Collectors Anonymous

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

LOL. Yea, my wife says I already have lots of them in my head.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of hand stacked rocks :) Looks like a great spot to excavate into the trommel. Is that decomposed bedrock behind the shovel head?

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

It may be. I am not sure. I wasn't sure about the large rocks as they really aren't stacked up, just a layer of them. We think the gravels there are virgin & the area was not finished. I think it was partially hydraulicked & still has a bottom pay layer. There is quite a large area of this material. It is an the side of a faultline maybe a 45 degree angle where 60 ft is highest point. We sampled gold from the bottom to about 50 ft up anf 100 yds across>all good tests. The bedrock very's as it is broken up from the upheaval. I can't say for any certainty how deep the pay goes but if there is 5 or 10 ft of it it is big money. I guess that's what excavators are for or possibly drill a couple of areas to determine depth.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

I don't think it's tailings. I think it's old river channel gravels. We've got about 50,00 yds of it. We sampled a wide area of this along a faultline & averaged $40/yd. We've run tailings at different locations with $2 -5 /yd results.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

We have over one million yds of virgin gravels at the eastern mine. This is what the old img046.jpg timers were running from two directions.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have over one million yds of virgin gravels at the eastern mine. This is what the old View attachment 1535005 timers were running from two directions.

You would know better than I what type of ground you are looking at (virgin vs. tailings).
Good looking country there. Why did they stop hydraulic'n that gravel face?

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

We have a 155 ft deep well/shaft & 4000 ft of creeks. They stopped hydraulicking because of Sawyer Decision of 1884 which pretty much put a stop to any big scale mining. The historical averages there are about 50-60 yds to the ounce. We've got 2 permits on two sides of that facing & one for where that shovel sits in the whole. We are permitted for 35,000 GPH of water.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread