More Military Buttons and my first Rosette!

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
USED: Garrett ATX, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's been almost a week since I have been out to relic hunt. I have been taking the XP Deus alot. I am really liking how there are no wires to catch on the brush, and that it can fold up in my pack.
On the 21st I got out for a few hours checking a spot that I haven't hunted in over a year. It had quit producing. I was hoping the Deus would be able to renew that old spot and I wasn't disappointed, At least for a couple of buttons.
One in particular was this cuff size "A" Eagle button.
318258_3773758390059_1504454307_n.jpg

392402_3773759870096_262428584_n.jpg

Today I returned. I have several key spots from the last year that has really produced quite a few buttons for Oklahoma. My first couple of targets were 2 of the 10-four hole shirt buttons found today.
One hole in particular that I dug, had the 4 hole undergarment button, a small rusty buckle, and the first Eagle cuff button of the day.
DSC00588.jpg

I stayed on a creek bank and worked my way north and kept finding the 4 holed shirt buttons. One spot in particular, the grapevine branches were running along the ground and I actually got a mid to high 60's signal just below them. When I first started digging it, I had no idea of what was about to show. This is a first for me. A US rosette. It is the size of a US Half Dollar. Probably off of some horse tack or leather works.
DSC00581.jpg

Not finding anymore smaller military relics, I headed to an adjacent spot. The first target I dug, was this partially gilted Star button. I asked a button expert and he advised this was a Golden Age button common to the 1830's. Which happens to be the time frame for this particular site.
DSC00584.jpg

The backmark is almost unreadable, the only thing I can make out is "E?TR" EXTRA? Unknown maker.
DSC00583-e1338103469660.jpg

Immediately next to this button was another cuff button. The shank was missing. It has a backmark, but I am unable to tell what it says.
DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

I continued on down a animal trail finding small pieces of lead, including several large caliber round balls and a few pistol rounds. The final target of the day was one more Eagle button. This is also a cuff button. "I" Infantry Eagle.
DSC00587.jpg

I was able to film most of these targets and have enough footage from the last few relic hunts to put together a video. Hopefully have it ready by the end of the week..
Thanks for Reading
Evan
Gonehunting for History

Upvote 0

CSA2K

Jan 24, 2012
Winchester VA
Detector(s) used
This Minelab and this Pro-Pointer.. and that's all I need
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice saves man!

HomeGuardDan

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2011
Williamsburg, VA
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great group of relics man! I love the pre-civil war buttons...those flower/civilian buttons style always seem to show up in early military camps for me as well!

Dan

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome score :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CURRENTLY USING: Minelab Go-Find 60, Nokta Fors CoRe, Macro Racer, Whites MXT All Pro, Fisher F19, Garrett AT Gold, Minelab CTX3030, XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks everyone...

OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
Gonehunting

Gonehunting

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2007
Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions