More Missouri Gold

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Here is two hours classifying to 1/2 inch and running through my new prospectors plus 24" sluice. Their design works great as there was gold so small I could barly see it. The box I have is 7" and widens to 9" to slow the water just enough to drop that fine gold before it leaves the sluice. I panned all tailings and no gold found! They have three sizes available on their web page prospectorsplus.com

Attachments

• mo.jpg
    mo.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,032
Upvote 0

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just wondering ,how much $$ is that worth. :dontknow:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i dont think hes going to answer this question because of privacy of land rights and getting swamped with people wanting to dig on his property!but from the size of that gold for Missouri, id say it had tobe up in the northern portion of the state..

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
North western part. It can be found as has been said before from other sources "north of the Missouri river" just look up some geologic maps on glaciation in Missouri and you can see where the basic boundary is. The bigger gold seems to come where 1. Current streams cross enriched glaciated streams or 2. Current streams cross moraine. Seems to work good here. In your area if you cross into Missouri and hit the far NE corner I have read that there is a state park/conservation area that was built around an old gravel plant that processed nothing but glacial gravels and they even used it for the county roads, metal detector anyone?? Really what I do is check streams for glacial rocks...anything but limestone and pan it to check. Bedrock/crevices best but a good sticky clay has actually been the best for me, gold sticks to it like glue and easy to find streaks. Also, where larger rocks tend to catch in a stream try digging at the head of the rocks where they start. I've found good sized gold in these areas.

OP
OP
dpdkld

dpdkld

Jun 28, 2009
Missouri
Is about half a gram, so 23 bucks or so, not gettin rich but I havent used my highbanker yet :laughing7:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
dpdkld i live in nw mo we have a prospector and metal detector club in st joseph give me a holler i can get you meeting info unless you are already a member either way i have a feew places to check but i am new to prospecting

oragonads

Jan 27, 2011
Man, I can't wait to go out and find some color this year. I couldn't get down to the claim last year due to work, except for one day to check out fire damage. I lost my job so I'm getting ready to do it all season.

Nice color by the way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread