kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
These were taken yesterday morning (2016.06.13) between 5:30am and 5:40am. First thing out the door, I saw the skunk that just two weeks ago was about half that size! Anyway, those pics are last as they aren't very good.

This first pic is taken looking down the driveway. The colors in the pic perfectly match the golden morning rays breaking through the fog.
01.Morning Fog - 05.35am.JPG

These next two are looking a different direction with much subdued light. The first shows part of our field. The second is just a few feet away and shows some wild raspberry plants growing in the tall grasses. These grasses will eventually be over 6' tall.
02.Morning Fog - 05.36am.JPG

03.Raspberry Vines in Fog - 05.37am.JPG

Next is another shot down the driveway. I like how the vegetation seems to run in layers.
04.Morning Fog - 05.39am.JPG

And finally, here are the two very brief pics of our resident skunk. Fortunately, the other one moved on! Our water table is very high and everything is muddy just inches below the surface. This little lady is heading to bed! ...Taken from FULL zoom!! :tongue3:
05.skunk - 05.34am.jpg

06.skunk - 05.34am.JPG

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like Oct. around here. Dearly love the skunk pics. Used to have a wild skunk that would come and eat cat food I fed the strays. Became like a pet. Smelled a little like a skunk, but never sprayed me. Just waited patiently next to me for the bowls to be filled and then ignored me as it ate. Guess I was the "food guy". Used to be there very early when I opened my door. It and my black and white cat would stare at each other and later would rub noses. Guess each thought that the other was a cat or a skunk. Came in the house once when I opened the door and patiently waited for me to get the food These pics brought back memories...

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We tried that once - thought that maybe if the skunk knew we were no threat that it wouldn't spray. Which, it never did...not at "us" anyhow. Unfortunately there was another consideration we didn't think about. ....It was a "she". AND SHE MULTIPLIED!!

Shock (small).jpg

Those little grass rats sure thought they were something when they figured out about their "special gift"!! Then when they grew up, they wanted the same benefits as Momma had....for THEIR grass rats!!

Shock.jpg

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That first pic reminds me of the Smokey Mountains. Always a lot of fog there. Don't blame you for the "zoom" pics lol.

OP
OP
kcm

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We used to have a major problem with raccoons. When they were no longer a problem, skunks were! So now in order to feed the cat (outside critter), I have some lumber going across my 16' lowboy trailer and have an old aluminum truck topper on the wood. Inside the topper is a lot of straw and an old wooden box with all but part of one side boxed up. I feed the cat inside the box where birds can't see the food (FINALLY! A way to fool the Bluejays!). For the cat to get in, she has to jump up on a metal folding chair that likes to fold up REAL easily! If most animals try to get up, they'll go tumbling off the back side. ...Good thing I just got all new wheels/tires for the trailer! :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread