more native american tools?!

LJ83

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had posted yesterday about the abrader stone I found. Today I was digging even deeper and found one more abrader and a few other suspicious characters! Can anyone identify these as stone tools?
IMG_0725.JPG IMG_0726.JPG IMG_0727.JPG IMG_0740.JPG

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now, I can help you here. What you are looking at are Stones used for hidden treasures. There were a few groups involved with this kind stone work. It all depends on where you are from. State is all you need to tell. The Jesuits are one of the orders. There are a few more.. Did you.say they were in the same place?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you take.a damp finger and rub the top of stone. It will show you something the other is with light from the side.

Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First rock looks like a plow or disc hit it. Others are natural rocks. Keep Looking! You will find more good stuff soon.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LJ83

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes, I found all of them within a few inches of one another, different depths but same area. I live in southwest michigan, we have a prominent tribal reservation here, the Potowatomi.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
L

LJ83

Tenderfoot
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you take.a damp finger and rub the top of stone. It will show you something the other is with light from the side.

which stones are you talking about? light from the side of which one? I'm intrigued :)

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just so you don't feel left out mci.your geode stone has their work on it.

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The wheat field behind me is littered with rocks with X marks, scratched and cross hatch cuts from a plow or disc harrow as Indian Steve has suggested. Being they've been cultivating that field for the last 100 years the odds are good the rocks the ground surface will be etches many times by these farming implements. With that I give them a new name as "Agrofacts"

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All just geofacts, also known as plain rocks.

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too many times you guys dismiss things as plain old rocks. Maybe you guys are sentinels trying to discredit people from looking for the many treasure stashes across the country.

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A rock is a rock, every rock posted you say is Jesuit. We are not going to mislead members, they will never learn to find real artifacts if they think every rock with a scratch is an artifact...

_________________________Tapatalk Signature_________________________

DT2016

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The x is one thing .it's what at the end of the x that show what it is. Study my friend.. you.should.be able to tell the difference between scratches and a carved stone

Upvote 0

baspinall

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2006
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Minelab Equinox 800
GPX 4500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you are talking about the hatch marks at the ends of the cross. Jesuit cross?

Upvote 0

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I assume you are talking about the hatch marks at the ends of the cross. Jesuit cross?
Yes there is something at each end. Although I can not zoom in on the pictures. They're not done by a plow

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread