May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Short hunt of 1 hour 15 minutes with Land-Magnet looking at a storky Rape Field. We know its next to a Roman Site (we have yet to search) which is still under Wheat. So I found a bit of scatter, 2 Roman Coins & a Roman Pin. Better than nothing, but no need to return until conditions improve.

Good news, we saw them starting on the Wheat, but not a field we have targetted, might try it on Sunday :-\

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 515
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gotta love the Roman artifacts :icon_thumright:
Your patience will soon be rewarded Cru, I'm sure of it :wink:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Antiquarian said:
Gotta love the Roman artifacts :icon_thumright:
Your patience will soon be rewarded Cru, I'm sure of it :wink:

Tomorrow will be good :wink:

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A Sestercius of Antoninus Pius worth six small Roman coins. :wink:
Good hunting!

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just hate searching newly cut wheat fields, they are so hard on the arm (and coil). I like to wait until it rots away a bit, but since there are so many others searching (and nighthawkers) I usually do detect them, however going back after the field is scraped I always find much more. Its just hard, so good luck.

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Nice keepers :icon_thumright: I'm sure you will get plenty more soon :headbang:

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
I just hate searching newly cut wheat fields, they are so hard on the arm (and coil). I like to wait until it rots away a bit, but since there are so many others searching (and nighthawkers) I usually do detect them, however going back after the field is scraped I always find much more. Its just hard, so good luck.

Any Wheat we do will be a pleasure compared to this & other Rape we have done. Going over before the Hawker will put holes everywhere & give us a clue where to concentrate in better conditions. However, on this neighbouring field he will be putting the rape straight into to stubble, so no chance of better searching. He is keen for us to beat the Hawker & will ring us so we can follow the combine :wink: Unlike some of the others we have recently crossed paths with, this one will be caught by the Police, we will make sure of it. :thumbsup: He a nasty piece of work.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Argentium said:
Cru , On the larger Roman , is that Atoninus Pius ? Argentium.

It would be one of my guesses, but with the only letters 'VS' to the left of the head, its a little dangerous IDing it on bust alone.

We don't get many of these largest type of Bronzes, so it might be an indication that the Hamker has not don't a good job on the area. Fingers-crossed we will later mop up what he missed.

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the site should turn up some keepers in the near future for sure!

Man I need to get to the UK for a detecting trip. I will have to get in touch with my distant relatives who live there for a visit ;D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialDude said:
looks like the site should turn up some keepers in the near future for sure!

Man I need to get to the UK for a detecting trip. I will have to get in touch with my distant relatives who live there for a visit ;D

I think I can help, if you visit at the right time :icon_thumright:

ColonialDude

Jul 5, 2004
Canada
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:

I may take you up on that some day ;D

I tell you...I was wishing I could wander off on my own a couple of weeks ago as I was heading home for leave and had a 5 1/2 hour layover at Heathrow. It was boiling my blood I was in the UK and couldn't go detecting! :laughing7:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:

Any Wheat we do will be a pleasure compared to this & other Rape we have done. Going over before the Hawker will put holes everywhere & give us a clue where to concentrate in better conditions. However, on this neighbouring field he will be putting the rape straight into to stubble, so no chance of better searching. He is keen for us to beat the Hawker & will ring us so we can follow the combine :wink: Unlike some of the others we have recently crossed paths with, this one will be caught be the Police, we will make sure of it. :thumbsup: He a nasty piece of work.
THAT is great news! I hope they pack the hawker in jail for a few years; bust his metal detector ; and clean out his house of finds and give everything to a museum!!!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ColonialDude said:
CRUSADER said:

I may take you up on that some day ;D

I tell you...I was wishing I could wander off on my own a couple of weeks ago as I was heading home for leave and had a 5 1/2 hour layover at Heathrow. It was boiling my blood I was in the UK and couldn't go detecting! :laughing7:

Trust me, I feel lucky to have fallen into this hobby & live in a history rich area. I have my Uncle to thank who gave me one as a kid, it went hand in glove with my coin collecting & my interest in History.

I you want someone, you have to act on it, I know, this is a waste of words for you, 1 day you will have the chance. 8)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:

Any Wheat we do will be a pleasure compared to this & other Rape we have done. Going over before the Hawker will put holes everywhere & give us a clue where to concentrate in better conditions. However, on this neighbouring field he will be putting the rape straight into to stubble, so no chance of better searching. He is keen for us to beat the Hawker & will ring us so we can follow the combine :wink: Unlike some of the others we have recently crossed paths with, this one will be caught be the Police, we will make sure of it. :thumbsup: He a nasty piece of work.
THAT is great news! I hope they pack the hawker in jail for a few years; bust his metal detector ; and clean out his house of finds and give everything to a museum!!!

So do I, ironically he helped us get this land. As the farmers thought its about time they had someone they could trust do a proper job & share what was coming off their land. Some we feel sorry for, this one threaten the old man farmer :(

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Good luck on your wheat field! Darn poachers are everywhere!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread