Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi All,

Although the good targets are getting sparser and require a bit more concentration, the park I've been hitting is still relinquishing some decent finds. Six pieces of silver, including a nice James Avery bracelet...no wonder the person lost it...it just has a simple open hook clasp. Four silver rings, one of them being my first claddagh type ring. The oval silver piece is from Mexico and has some type of plant embedded in the acrylic...looks like it might have been part of a necklace. Found a funky peace sign looking thingy. Also found the Fredmobile (Scooby-Doo). $14.19 in clad.

The two shotgun shells (16Ga: 1887-1934, 12Ga: pre-1944), the 1913D wheatie and the two buttons came from a hunt with Justin75790...the same ballpark where he found the 1924 silver dollar (thanks Justin!).

HH!
TBGO

Attachments

• 7_30_06_a.jpg
    7_30_06_a.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 735
  • 7_30_06_b.jpg
    7_30_06_b.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 721
Upvote 0
OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Paul in WA said:
"Although the good targets are getting sparser ".......................I

I wish the finds my parks were that "Sparse"!

Great finds as usuall!

Paul

Thanks everyone! Paul...I hear you. I guess what I meant is that the obvious targets are gone...it took about 8 hours and three trips to get these finds. For instance, there aren't any more quarters for the most part so I am digging the dime and pennysignals now. In my case maybe it should be called "This Weeks Finds". I wish I could get some gold out of that park...none yet, but you'd think with 7 silver rings, two silver medallions and a silver bracelet that there'd be some there. Lots of pull-tabs, including the type that's right in the nickel range and has a great sounding signal...I think it may be time to grid it and dig everything in small sections...one section at a time.

HH!
TBGO

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
First off Beep,the plant is a "TADPOLIUSVENUSFLYTRAPPIUS",...there's were only two in the world.Second,just a bit of Congratulation's...Well deserved...Nice Haul!!

Pennyworth

Bronze Member
Jan 1, 2006
First of all Congratulations on all of the nice jewelry finds! The braclet is very pretty. :)
So I take it one silver coin has been found at that park between the both of you?
The jewelry is mostly modern silver and like I said extremely nice,but I wonder if most of
the silver coins have been found that were in located in the first few inches of soil. If there are
silver coins remaining in that park they might be very deep. I think it's still worth hunting it and
griding the area as you said. Good luck and happy hunting.

OP
OP
The Beep Goes On

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pennyworth said:
First of all Congratulations on all of the nice jewelry finds! The braclet is very pretty. :)
So I take it one silver coin has been found at that park between the both of you?
The jewelry is mostly modern silver and like I said extremely nice,but I wonder if most of
the silver coins have been found that were in located in the first few inches of soil. If there are
silver coins remaining in that park they might be very deep. I think it's still worth hunting it and
griding the area as you said. Good luck and happy hunting.

Thanks Pennyworth - There are two locations involved here; the park where the jewelry was found (only in existence since 1987) and an old ballpark I hunted with Justin. They're about 10 miles apart. The old ballpark is hard to hunt because of very high grass and it has only been hunted twice that we know of (by us). With a 1924 silver dollar and a 1913 wheatie it may indicate more is there, but it may be best to wait until winter when the grass is down.

HH!
TBGO

mxtswinger

Jul 27, 2006
Northeast KY
Detector(s) used
2 Whites MXT's Goldscan 5 PI
HOLY MOLY! Some really sweet silver. CONGRATS!

Marijuana bud? :D Just the first thing that came to mind ::) ::) Seriously, no clue, but the flytrap was also my first impression.

If I had found a silver dollar I would be mowing it myself, or hiring someone (if permitted). A little at a time. Mow enough to keep you busy for a couple outings. Work it thoroughly, then mow a little more. Just a thought.

HH

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job Beep.....That looks like one heck of a place to hunt!!!! WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread