Jul 17, 2009
Here are a few more.Sorry new to posting and trying to set up
some order for viewing.If I fail to get the proper angle to
I.D. I will try if someone sees anything of interest to re shoot
and post.The last array of shots in this post is of a very smooth
half round stone with a what appears to be a Catlanite type of
material which gives it a type of handle.The piece really stood out from
all the other trillions of rocks in the area I was hunting.The shell was also
an odd find since mussels rule this region.Maybe a clam bake at one time???
Have not seen another but as I said 4 weeks is not a long time.I did find a Tubular Pipe
which looks like one in a Lar Hothem Book.It is not drilled all the way through and has a minor fracture
but is very stout.Not sure of material.Anyway thanks for anyone who looks and has
some thoughts.This is truly a fantastic way to spend my time.Hope someone out there remembers
how they felt when they happened upon there first potential tool ......................................................

Attachments

• Assortment.jpg
    Assortment.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 237
  • Shoreline.jpg
    Shoreline.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Helper.jpg
    Helper.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 263
  • Creek Crossing.jpg
    Creek Crossing.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Creek.jpg
    Creek.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 258
  • Clovis.jpg
    Clovis.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 240
  • Assortment.jpg
    Assortment.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 236
  • 210.jpg
    210.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 267
  • 208.jpg
    208.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 263
  • 204.jpg
    204.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 203.jpg
    203.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 234
  • 202.jpg
    202.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 242
  • 198.jpg
    198.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 259
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are finding some nice artifacts. The last one does look like a grinding stone. But it sure is polished. Do you have any caves in your area or is that creek spring fed? Some of the rocks look like what I see from blow outs out of caves and underground springs.
Pic 208 and 210 are some great looking arrowheads/knifes. You have found a lot in your short time of hunting. I imagine the deer hunting is equally good.
TnMtns

OP
OP
K

keeplooking4756

Jul 17, 2009
The creek is all through the property with small feeders.Last year with the 59" rainy season
I video and still pic'd the creek at approx. 1/4 mile wide and saw debris line on the last hunt at well
over twenty feet.Lost a few custom benches that weigh in at 200 pounds but found them intact 8 miles downstream.
Kayaking was a bit out of the question as the debris field was killer.Read somewhere in an earlier post where the member
said after a good rain it is a whole new deck of cards.That was a real good analogy.My infinite number of rocks that line 8 or so miles of creek
start to make it interesting And yes have a few caves way downstream from these finds.Thanks for your comments........................

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics. keeplooking4756 :thumbsup:! That is a huge gravel bar and I bet you'll find lots more there!!!
kind regards~sandcreek

OP
OP
K

keeplooking4756

Jul 17, 2009
Sandcreek.Do you feel with the amount of water that the creek sees is causing the
finds to be be a bit polished or smoothed out due to the sheer number of rocks
that get displaced?It makes an I.D. become quite tricky as a lot of rocks take on the
look of a potential find.I truly enjoy the vast creek area I have, as in my lifetime I will never
get through all of it.That being said is what I have come across worth sticking to looking there or
would a higher elevation in clay rock and sandyloom be a bit more predictable?

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keeplooking4756 said:
Sandcreek.Do you feel with the amount of water that the creek sees is causing the
finds to be be a bit polished or smoothed out due to the sheer number of rocks
that get displaced?It makes an I.D. become quite tricky as a lot of rocks take on the
look of a potential find.I truly enjoy the vast creek area I have, as in my lifetime I will never
get through all of it.That being said is what I have come across worth sticking to looking there or
would a higher elevation in clay rock and sandyloom be a bit more predictable?
My grandpa used to look the creeks and fields around Springfield/Stafford, Missouri area and found lots of artifacts! Missouri was another word for "Heaven" to him because of the all the arrowheads he found there :D.
I think the place he found the most artifacts, was a field above the creek. The creek had been up so much that it flooded the entire field and washed away everything but the rocks and arrowheads. If you have any fields next to this creek, they would certainly be worth looking. But keep looking that creek, too! I'm really enjoying all the pics of the things you're finding!
kind regards~~sandcreek

OP
OP
K

keeplooking4756

Jul 17, 2009
I do have a large hayfield above the creek halfway up the creek at it's widest point.This
is the field where I found my benches that had been swept away last year.
It is just a hay field right now with a lot of creek rock splintered over twenty or so acres.
Grass is not high just thick.Any suggestions with grass cover?

Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keeplooking4756 said:
I do have a large hayfield above the creek halfway up the creek at it's widest point.This
is the field where I found my benches that had been swept away last year.
It is just a hay field right now with a lot of creek rock splintered over twenty or so acres.
Grass is not high just thick.Any suggestions with grass cover?
If its your land, you could burn your hay field in late winter or early spring and look it after a good rain. Or look it after the grass dies back some in the winter. You need to be above the flood plain in the field though because the indians wouldn't camp next to the creek if they had to worry about getting washed away. But keep looking that gravel bar too, especially since you're finding good stuff there.
Hope that helps ya, KL!
regards~~sandcreek

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread