More Relics and a Change of Direction.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. First of all. Terrible day at work. All was hunky dory until quitting time. The "B" shift crew didn't have a fork lift driver who could run a barcode scanning gun and could barely speak English. Assimilate please! I had to stay over an extra hour on a beautiful mid 50's wonderful sunny day to pull product for two lines to run six hours.:BangHead: Please forgive the rant. I have worked for this company for 30 years and their hiring practices have gone to HADES!

I did get out and hunt but, my MOJO was jammed from staying late at work. I hit two different field spots and came up with the iron and can slaw junk. After sundown I did manage to get a beat up old Superior Quality Gold gilded button. Just a tad of gold still hanging on. OK, pleased with that as this field hasn't given up many buttons. This is actually my first old button that I remember here. Walked for hours in the sandbox field and nothing exciting popping up. I decided to hit some turf around a cellar hole and dug a nice old Mason jar lid. A foot deep at least. Then I got another deep signal. Dug the old iron metal bowl thingy. That was about 14 inches deep I reckon. Old stuff and deep was kind of stirring me up. I got a nice mid 80's deep signal and plucked out the cool old brass pocket watch frame. I was tickled with this one. It has what I think is the wind up hole in the edge? It's a nice green patina and looks to be really old. It was also a deep target maybe 10 inches. After scoring the watch a bit before 7:00 p.m. I called it quits. I didn't want to trash any possible better finds hunting in the dark with only moonlight to guide me. I'll try it again tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by and putting up with me so far. Kurios1

Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 001.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 002.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 004.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 005.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 019.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 007.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 008.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 009.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 020.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 021.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 018.JPG Superior Quality Button Old Brass Pocket Watch Rocky's 011.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 17

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another good assortment of finds! Good hunting.....:icon_thumright:

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pocket watch case with the hole in the side was called a pin set. There was a pin sticking out that you pushed in with your finger or thumb nail to set the watch, while winding the crown on the top. nice finds.

ShovelinDave

Jul 11, 2009
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Bandido 2 - umax, Garrett Ace 400, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the buffet of finds. Always nice to walk away with all the different flavors. I once dug six inches down to see the top of a mason jar lid. Yeppers, that's all that was there... no jar full of silver coins underneath it. 30 years with the same company is an achievement of its own. I'm going to give you a whole atta-boy for that one.

digger460

Silver Member
Sep 19, 2015
Southeast Grundy, Illinois
Detector(s) used
EQ600, EQ800 and a Carrot
Primary Interest:
Other
How dare they mess with your Mojo! You probably had your hunt all figured out in your mind. What time your going to get out there, where your going to hit first. Man I hate those end of the work day changes! Especially now, when the clocks ticking on our season.

But grasshopper, as confucious say "he who misses hunting time because of stupidity at work, will be rewarded with copper and silver riches on your next journey".

Sometime's when one day get's screwed up, the next day, will be one for the books! Good Luck out there today Kurious! Your Mojo will return.

Nice pocket watch shell by the way!

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the buffet of finds. Always nice to walk away with all the different flavors. I once dug six inches down to see the top of a mason jar lid. Yeppers, that's all that was there... no jar full of silver coins underneath it. 30 years with the same company is an achievement of its own. I'm going to give you a whole atta-boy for that one.

Thank you Dave. Please don't get me wrong. I LOVE my family owned company. They have been VERY good to me. Anyone who can put up with me for 30 years deserves the Medal of HONOR!:icon_salut:

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How dare they mess with your Mojo! You probably had your hunt all figured out in your mind. What time your going to get out there, where your going to hit first. Man I hate those end of the work day changes! Especially now, when the clocks ticking on our season.

But grasshopper, as confucious say "he who misses hunting time because of stupidity at work, will be rewarded with copper and silver riches on your next journey".

Sometime's when one day get's screwed up, the next day, will be one for the books! Good Luck out there today Kurious! Your Mojo will return.

Nice pocket watch shell by the way!

Indeed. I believe everything happens as it should and for a specific purpose. I just don't enjoy it when "my" plans get altered. I'll be fine and today will be a great day cool finds or not.:hello:

scruggs

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2008
Northern Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It started out one of those days but you finished the day with some nice items! Congratulations!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I love the pocket watch frame, so cool. Well done, congrats and HH

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! I love the pocket watch frame, so cool. Well done, congrats and HH

Thanks DD. At this spot I appreciate anything going back into the 1800's especially non ferrous targets. Getting ready to post today's goodies.:hello:

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to roll with the punches. You staying late to help out the company is a feather in the cap. Of course, I wouldn't wear a cap with a feather but if that's the latest rage in Illinois, I say "Go for it" ,, lol
Nice hunt buddy you salvaged the day.
Congrats on your finds.

OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to roll with the punches. You staying late to help out the company is a feather in the cap. Of course, I wouldn't wear a cap with a feather but if that's the latest rage in Illinois, I say "Go for it" ,, lol
Nice hunt buddy you salvaged the day.
Congrats on your finds.

I try not to share my personal struggles too much on T-net. If I did I wouldn't have enough time to share my finds! Now you see why I need my swing therapy. Life is good and today was a great day. Yesterday is LONG GONE! :wave:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions