More ???s

GRAMPS44

Tenderfoot
Mar 31, 2009
Still looking and thinking.......
I talked to a couple of gents at MD.com today about the X-Terra 705 pros and cons etc. Then asked about the E-Trac, talked some more and answered some more questions. He then suggested the Safari, $500 less than the E-Trac saying that it was a pretty much a turn on and go detector without all of the custom programs.

So here I am with more questions than answers. Like I have said previously we have no local dealers or clubs to draw info from. Just these forums. Whatdaya think.....your pros and cons?

Gramps....in N IL

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I understand the Safari is just a slightly updated Quatrro in that it has a slightly faster processor but, still slow. Get the 705 and your worries will be over. :wink: I know it's tough reading what people are saying and trying to make a decision. I read tons on the X-70 before I got it and have been happy with my decision. Good Luck.

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
GRAMPS44 said:
Still looking and thinking.......
I talked to a couple of gents at MD.com today about the X-Terra 705 pros and cons etc. Then asked about the E-Trac, talked some more and answered some more questions. He then suggested the Safari, $500 less than the E-Trac saying that it was a pretty much a turn on and go detector without all of the custom programs.

So here I am with more questions than answers. Like I have said previously we have no local dealers or clubs to draw info from. Just these forums. Whatdaya think.....your pros and cons?

Gramps....in N IL

If money is no object the etrac is the way to go. I have been using it since last September and it made metal detecting fun again. I have never used a Minelab product before so I am not brand loyal but I have to say I am metal detector loyal. lol. I hit an area with a F75 last year and couldnt find squat. I found a few wheaties and clad but not much more. I went back over the same area with the etrac this weekend, I found 60 wheaties and 9 silver dimes. It is just a coin finding machine. If money is an issue then keep researching the 705. I have looked at it and may get it as a back up if I cant find a used etrac out there somewhere. TMAN...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread