More Schoolyard pickins - silver and gold!

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Hit another local schoolyard a couple days ago. I only had a couple hours so I hit the woodchiped play areas. I have been trying to hit all the elementary schools in this particular upscale district and have about 3 to go. Got to get them now why the opportunity is there and then I'll get back to my researched older areas.

It was kind of slim pickins as someone had hit it recently but I did manage a few good finds by informally gridding the entire area. No finds right next to the play equipment.

Picked up $5.97 total, 64 coins including a 1945 wheatie.

Found some trinket jewelry including a nice Disney "Friends" pendant, but then also hit the keepers too.

The keepers were a nice small 10 kt religious pendant, an old sterling kids ring with an interesting and large stone, and an silver religious medalion. Not a bad 2 - 1/2 hours of hunting in the morning sun.

Best of luck to you all! Happy hunting!

smiles!
BDoo

Attachments

• Keepers front.jpg
    Keepers front.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 513
  • Keepers Back.jpg
    Keepers Back.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 499
  • Scouts - Disney.jpg
    Scouts - Disney.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 498
  • Trinkets.jpg
    Trinkets.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 496
Upvote 0

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice job "pendant man"...My wood chip pile's are mainly full of "wood chip's"....At least half the time,Nice find's and HH!!

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
nice finds .. ;D ;D ;D i gotta get me the same machine you got !!!!!!! keep the good stuff comin.. :D :D :D :D :D

mlw67

Bronze Member
Apr 27, 2006
Portland, OR
Great finds there, BDOO!

After seeing what you and others have been finding in these play areas, I have been randomly hitting a few of them when I see them. They are almost always void of goodies. I remember I used to be able to find stuff there, but apparently there are too many treasurenet readers these days. lol ::)

I must say I was very surprised to see that angel medallion. I found one *exactly* like it, but mine is a bit more worn. The detector said it was silver, but there are no markings on mine. I figured it was someone's art class project--but apparently not, since you found one too a half-continent away. What does that say on the back of yours??

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
civilman1 said:
Nice job "pendant man"...My wood chip pile's are mainly full of "wood chip's"....At least half the time,Nice find's and HH!!
"Pendant man"... that's funny,
thanks for the smiles!

I am getting spoiled on the easy digging
in these chip piles, time to get digging again ... lol

Thanks!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
mlw67 said:
I must say I was very surprised to see that angel medallion. I found one *exactly* like it, but mine is a bit more worn. The detector said it was silver, but there are no markings on mine. I figured it was someone's art class project--but apparently not, since you found one too a half-continent away. What does that say on the back of yours??

I have a loop around here somewhere.
Let me find it and get back to you.
I am half blind for seeing
this small writing and coin dates...sad.

thanks!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Green1 said:
nice finds .. ;D ;D ;D i gotta get me the same machine you got !!!!!!! keep the good stuff comin.. :D :D :D :D :D

Yes, it's perfect and efficient for these hunts.
My old trusty...lol.
Thanks my friend
for the visit and comment.

Smiles!
BDoo

allsmith

Jun 1, 2006
north cental ohio
some nice stuff there!!!! i gotta start hittin them schools myself,, ive only been to a school twice but came out with like 6 bucks in clad,, best clad day ever for me,,and yeah the diggin is easy!!!!! wtg on the cool school finds!!!!

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds BDoo and congrats on the gold and silver! HH, Mike

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
mlw67 said:
Great finds there, BDOO!

Under closer inspection of the writing on back, I think it says ...

HM
10kt

Thanks for the visit MLW!

smiles!
BDoo

OP
OP
Boobydoo

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan