More silver, a nice walking and does anyone know what kind of button this is?

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great day and lots of finds. Stoked over the Walking but stumped on what looks to be a flat button image.jpg

Upvote 3

Metal Militia

May 17, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 & Garrett Pro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds. Cool dog. I haven't found a silver coin except for the one in a drawer. Best of luck hunting.

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How thick is it? Can you see where a shank was attached? Great finds! Congrats on the big silver. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Mikecoy

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
image.jpg image.jpg
How thick is it? Can you see where a shank was attached? Great finds! Congrats on the big silver. :thumbsup:

Very very thin and yes there is a spot in the center where it appears a shank was

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1750-80s Dandy button

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Walker. I can't for the life of me find one of those...

OP
OP
Mikecoy

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice Walker. I can't for the life of me find one of those...

I couldn't find any silver coins what so ever in the Smokey Mountains but this move back to home in MD has really busted a lot of first for me. Got to hit my stepdads great grandfathers farm and that place gave up two walking liberties. Today it gave up a barber half in one of the old corn fields. A barber dime was near the old coal shoot by the cellar. Odd thing is they don't show up as good hits on my AT pro. The half was only in the upper seventies to low 80's at about 8 inches. I just dig everything out there and have tons of trash to show for it.

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I couldn't find any silver coins what so ever in the Smokey Mountains but this move back to home in MD has really busted a lot of first for me. Got to hit my stepdads great grandfathers farm and that place gave up two walking liberties. Today it gave up a barber half in one of the old corn fields. A barber dime was near the old coal shoot by the cellar. Odd thing is they don't show up as good hits on my AT pro. The half was only in the upper seventies to low 80's at about 8 inches. I just dig everything out there and have tons of trash to show for it.

Wow, a Barber half today?! Sounds like you're having some great detecting lately. I use the AT Pro as well. Sometimes those really deep targets have lower VDI numbers, I have found deeep silver dimes that register in the low 70's. I have found a Morgan, and four Barber halves...but the Walkers elude me. My number one goal this year is to find a Walker!

OP
OP
Mikecoy

Mikecoy

Jan 20, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, a Barber half today?! Sounds like you're having some great detecting lately. I use the AT Pro as well. Sometimes those really deep targets have lower VDI numbers, I have found deeep silver dimes that register in the low 70's. I have found a Morgan, and four Barber halves...but the Walkers elude me. My number one goal this year is to find a Walker!

I know, but I'm fairly certain this property has never been hunted. I know my stepdads greatuncle was a coin collector and liked his drink. He stayed there for quite a few years. The old house doesn't even have indoor plumbing. Been beating up the path to the out house lol. I have yet to do the cellar as I'm told he use to pass out down there and it's a dirt floor. Should be digging in there next weekend. I'll take better pics soon but here is the two barbers...

image.jpg

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Maryland is Rocking for you Mc....Love the walkers!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread