MORE SILVER AT THE OLD BALLFIELD!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
i went back to the old park and ballfield this morning where i found that merc about a month ago. i was determined to use the knowledge that i have read about both on this forum and in books........go slow,overlap swings,all metal mode,high sensativity setting, and it paid off!! i got;
1-1962 ROOSEVELT DIME
1-1945 MERCURY DIME
2-WHEAT CENTS one a 195? and one a 194? (the soil here is real rough on copper) looks like i need to soak them in olive oil to try to read the last number on the dates.i also got
1-LOADED .38 SPECIAL BULLET
1-OLD HOUSE KEY
A SMALL METAL CALANDAR FROM 1971
AND 28 CENTS IN CLAD.
this was all from a small area only around home plate. i spent almost 4 hours scanning just around the backstop area.i should also mention that i have hunted this same area 2 times before! just goes to prove that nothing is hunted out! i dug every signal except for iron and man were my pockets full of pulltabs!!!one thing about the ace though, dig those iffy signals because some of those junky looking and sounding targets were good stuff.i am planning on getting out again tommorrow and on monday so i will post more finds later! ;D

Upvote 0
Congratulations on all the silver, & a very nice haul, WTG!!!
Good point on taking advice from the forum and such, I have slowed my hunting down considerably, and it has paid off...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

Nice List of Finds HOLLOW

Congrats !

Jeff

beetle662 said:
Congrats on the silver and nice finds!

Keep looking! There's probably more to be found!

thanks for the replies! i was thinking there has to be more there as well. where are all the quarters and nickles?i will go back in a few weeks as i dug a lot of holes in a small area,and i was beginning to draw attention by the time i left.(noozie neighbors). ill give the ground some time to heal and then go back for round 4.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back