More Silver for me!!!!

christophernixon

Nov 20, 2005
NW Georgia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I was about to leave the site I have been hitting due to the heat when this cat comes up and starts to make friends with my wife - I don't like cats but this one turned out to be alright. I was about to turn off my MXT when I got a good reading - VDI +83 right beside where this cat was sitting.

I began to dig and out pops the 1942 Washington, my first silver quarter!!!! ;D I was very excited.

Not too long after that I found the other 2 objects - they are about the size of a pocketwatch but open like a makeup compact - do you guys have any idea what they are??? The site dates back to the early 1800's with lots of civil war activity in the area - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for looking guys.

Attachments

• 062206.jpg
    062206.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 356
  • 06220601.jpg
    06220601.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 395
Upvote 0

Green1

Silver Member
Mar 20, 2006
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Mxt 6x10 coil Massachusetts
ya ive got a bunch of compacts,, it does look to be the same.. cool ... and nice quarter,, ;D ;D ;D

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
That was a very rare Lucky Cat! I certainly hope you took him home Chris, you put him on a leash & take him with you every time you go hunting! You will be guaranteed silver every single time, you lucky dog...........er, cat! Ive read about these cats before, very rare in the States but a little more common in the remote Chinese provinces. Congrats on your finds...............the cat & the silver! lol ;D

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have a very similiar compast as that its silver plated (not much anymore 70 years in the ground will do that)yours have ne markings i think its on the bottom....

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....the cat knows all..... you should have listened to it, you would have come home with more silver!

HH
-GC

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread