More silver for the month.

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-MAX
I was hunting with my brother in law tonight. He was using his sons bounty hunter so we went to an older park and a old train depot that is no longer there. I found about $2.00 in clad and 4 silver coins. The best being the Seated Quarter. 1853 but is in terrible condition. I would take a hundred in this condition over no silver at all though. I guess I was spoiled by finding the Barber Last week in excellent condition. It was about 10" deep in a trash filled area. I must have dug my weight in trash and pull tabs tonight. We were there about 5 hours or so.

seated_1853.jpg

This makes 7 silver coins in the 2-1/2 weeks that I have had my E-trac. Plus a box full of other stuff as well. I think I am up to about 20 hours total out in the field with the new machine.

Tomorrow the Dr. is making a house call and we should be able to compare notes. Dr Ace got his E-trac just before I did. So we are getting together to hunt a few spots.

HH,

Dave

Upvote 0

coltdavis

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2008
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the seated, and all the other silver :thumbsup: :thumbsup: im really hoping to dig a seated coin this year...well best of luck and keep it up

John987

Jan 13, 2009
Upstate New York
Detector(s) used
Compass X-80 Challenger, Yukon 77B Professional
Congrats on those nice finds especially the half!
Best of luck with your new detector.
HH

John

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah , that seated is such a pathetic piece of trash - I'll take it off your hands for ya and i'll only charge you $25. bucks

for relieving you of the miserable rubbish . Nice grab ! Argentium.

Dr. Ace

Nov 4, 2007
South-Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett Ace 250
Dave, you are on fire with that E-Trac. And to think you have never detected before. That is amazing. :thumbsup:

You're finding coins many people hunt a lifetime for. You have some great detecting spots there. I'm hoping to find at least one silver when we hunt later today.

Keep it up!

HH,

Dr. Ace

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For only having about 20 hours out in the fields I think you are doiing great. I get out for about 5 hours a every week ends and I have not found any silver this year. So keep up the good work and WTG on the seated coin...Matt

OP
OP
drodda777

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies, I am quite confident that I am missing more than I am finding on the old deep coins though. I am thinking that I am having a bit of beginners luck as I am still trying to get to know my MD and the various settings it has. I think Andy's book really helps with the learning curve though for the E-trac. Ralph at Sun Ray spent the afternoon with me when I bought my MD from him to get me up and running quicker. He has been a great help. I have spent most of my time on private property also, which is sites that have not been detected before. I can't believe how many Hot Wheels are out there buried though.

Does anyone know what the Crosley thing is?

HH,

Dave

jsandin

Nov 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
drodda777 said:
HH,
Dave

I'm guessing it's part of a Crosley radio, perhaps a surround for the tuning dial.

OP
OP
drodda777

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Thanks for the replies. I was not complaining about the condition, Silver is still silver even if it is smooth. :icon_pirat:

HH,

Dave

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jsandin said:
drodda777 said:
HH,
Dave

I'm guessing it's part of a Crosley radio, perhaps a surround for the tuning dial.

agreed part of a radio/ old wireless

OP
OP
drodda777

drodda777

Mar 13, 2009
Dave, Central Iowa
Detector(s) used
Jsandin, Crusader, yes you are correct on the Crosley Radio ID. Way to go the logo on the plate matches their logo exactly, I am still unsure as to what part this was though as they produced many different things since 1921.

Thanks for the help,

HH,

Dave

Jazdo

Oct 11, 2007
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes,Golden Sabre II, & Inca!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are doing great.. took me over 20 years of on and off detectin to find a seated quarter.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread