More Silver & Gold...Im really liking my new AT PRO (Claddagh ring, condom tin)

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Silver & Gold...I'm really liking my new AT PRO (Claddagh ring, condom tin)

I’m really liking my new AT PRO. Most of the time I hunt in Pro/Coin mode because it seems to work best for me. These are my latest finds from the last 3 hunts I’ve been on. These are all from playing fields which I hit quite often because there’s so many around here.

Pocket knife (not sure what brand)
Practice tip for arrow
Bottle opener
2 Crucifixes
Rabies vacc tag 2003
Arlene Francis rose plant tag
Small buckle or strap tensioner?
Bullet (I think it’s a bullet, barrel shaped and too heavy for my jewelry scale)
Necklace (cheap)
3 Merry Widows condom tin 1930’s
2001 Sacajawea $1 coin
1961 dime
Heart earring
Heart pendant (it doesn’t open and I don’t think it’s real silver)
Silver pendant 10.5g (found on leather necklace)
Thai silver ring 1.7g
9K Claddagh ring (stamped 375)
Dodge Dart ID badge

While researching the 3 Merry Widows condom tin I noticed that there have been a couple posted on here in the past. I also found this cool link to the Minnesota Historical Society blog about someone finding 70 of them in their front yard in St. Paul.
http://discussions.mnhs.org/collections/2010/11/3-merry-widows-tin/

One of my hunts was in a soccer field that I frequent and I was getting a bit hungry (9 am) so I figured just a few more minutes and I’d hang it up. About a minute later I found the heart pendant, walked about 10 steps further and found the silver Japanese(?) pendant, then 10 steps further and found the Thai silver ring. Needless to say that it made my morning.

I also had an interesting run in with a police officer. I had been hunting a park very early in the morning and it started to rain, thunder and lightning a bit. I would seek cover during the heavy rain but then go right back out when it was sprinkling (10 minute breaks). While sitting in my truck I noticed a nice area that was pretty much sheltered from the rain because of the huge trees. It was closer to the main road but I decided to give it a try. After a few minutes I started to recover my first target and I heard someone talking on a loudspeaker “Sir, sir…you can’t dig in the parks”. I turned off my machine and walked out into the rain to stand outside his vehicle and listen to what he had to say. “You can’t be digging any holes in the grass, it’s different on the beach but you can’t do it on the grass”. I said “Well, here’s the deal, I’m not really digging a hole… I’m just cutting a ‘flap’ and there’s no way anyone could tell that I was even doing that. It’s code amongst detectorists to leave the ground the same or better than when we started. We also remove any trash that we find.” He then basically said “Oh, well okay… I just wanted to warn you that someone might get mad if they see you digging in the park”. He then asked me if I found anything good and also recommended a couple of beaches and a wooded area that I may be interested in hunting. He wished me good luck and drove off. By this time it started to rain a little harder so I decided to just call it quits for the day. I’m glad it didn’t turn out to be a negative experience.

I’m curious about the bullet. I know it’s hard to tell without specs but I don’t have a calipers.

Thanks for your time and thanks for looking! - WIT

Attachments

• atpro1.jpg
    atpro1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 765
  • atpro2.jpg
    atpro2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 758
  • atpro3.jpg
    atpro3.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 763
  • atpro4.jpg
    atpro4.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 762
  • atpro6.jpg
    atpro6.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 770
  • atpro7.jpg
    atpro7.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 769
  • atpro8.jpg
    atpro8.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 762
  • atpro9.jpg
    atpro9.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 759
  • atpro10.jpg
    atpro10.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 759
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: More Silver & Gold...I'm really liking my new AT PRO (Claddagh ring, condom tin)

nice load of finds!!!!!!! MR TUFF

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: More Silver & Gold...I'm really liking my new AT PRO (Claddagh ring, condom tin)

Excellent finds.....quite a variety of keepers.
Well done and continued success. HH
Gold Nuggets :hello:

bstimely21

Jan 13, 2009
LEWISTOWN PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 & Garrett PinPointer

excellent finds!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds

My first car was a green 1975 Dodge Dart Custom I purchased for $1 as you can imagine it was not in the best of condition to say the least...lol.

Keep it up

NJ

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Have hit some baseball playing fields in the past here have had permission for some. Have had issues at times tho with people calling sheriff even tho I had permission. There are some soccer fields that I would like to detect someday if only could find out who to get permission from, that could also be a hurdle too.

On your finds that amethyst cross is very interesting, is it supposed to be worn on wrist or what I wonder? Love the gold ring with the heart and two hands with diamonds and rubies it appears. Still trying to find the first gold ring with my new detector. Not sure what the other ring is made of have not studied up on the hallmarks yet really. Looks like you are doing really well tho!
:icon_thumleft: Congrats
HH CaRM

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N.J.THer said:
Nice finds

My first car was a green 1975 Dodge Dart Custom I purchased for $1 as you can imagine it was not in the best of condition to say the least...lol.

Keep it up

NJ

Wow, $1? Sounds like a score. I thought it was kind of cool to find since the first car I practiced driving in was my friends 70's Dodge Dart. We were out on some dirt roads and I almost put it in the ditch a couple times.

CoinandRelicMan said:
Have hit some baseball playing fields in the past here have had permission for some. Have had issues at times tho with people calling sheriff even tho I had permission. There are some soccer fields that I would like to detect someday if only could find out who to get permission from, that could also be a hurdle too.

On your finds that amethyst cross is very interesting, is it supposed to be worn on wrist or what I wonder? Love the gold ring with the heart and two hands with diamonds and rubies it appears. Still trying to find the first gold ring with my new detector. Not sure what the other ring is made of have not studied up on the hallmarks yet really. Looks like you are doing really well tho!
:icon_thumleft: Congrats
HH CaRM

I was a little paranoid the first few times I went out because I wasn't sure if I should be digging in parks or playing fields so I started emailing every town around me individually to ask if it's "okay" to detect the parks. Everyone has said go for it but "don't disturb the ground". I call recovering a target and leaving no trace "not disturbing" the ground. If I go to a park and there's too many people there, I just move on to a different spot. Especially if it's a well groomed soccer field.

I really like the amethyst cross but I'm not sure what it was for/how it was displayed. The loop is only 2 1/2" so it wouldn't fit around a wrist. Maybe it was to be hung over the neck of a bottle?

I think those may be rubies on the gold Claddagh ring but not sure about diamonds because it's only a 9K ring. I'll still have the jeweler check it out though.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other

WTG on the finds :icon_thumright:

Lucky13

Oct 9, 2010
Southwest Virginia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics,Teknetics,TEKNETICS!!

Nice ring man, Those stones look like rubys. Great Finds!! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: :hello2:

pl8man

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
San Jose , California
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT PRO with Sunray probe, M6 with a Super 12 coil & a Whites Quantum II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Congrats on some great finds ! :headbang:

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

wow!! lots of good stuff! love the claddagh ring

Rickiowa2009

Mar 6, 2009
Cedar Rapids Iowa
Detector(s) used
GTP1350 Garrett, Xterra 705 gold pack and ace250!

Interesting finds

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Nice finds.
How is the AT Pro. Is it rugged? I was thinking of buying one myself.

OP
OP
Minrelica

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CoilFisher said:
Nice finds.
How is the AT Pro. Is it rugged? I was thinking of buying one myself.

Ya, the AT Pro is pretty rugged. One of the selling points for me was the capability of submerging in water but now that I have it, I just can't see dunking it under the surface :) but I will do some water hunting. Overall I'm pleased with it.

Thanks everyone! - WIT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread