More Silver.. just not mine

moholedigger

Mar 15, 2008
Mexico, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
:( -- for me
8) -- for my step-son

I took my step son to the site of an old country church that burned down 20 years ago last night. Only had about an hour and a half but what the heck. We hadn't been there 5 minutes and he hit a good penny/dime signal on the XLT. While I was digging that he came up with another good signal. First one was a 1907 BARBER Dime. Second was a bottle cap but as I was digging that he hit another bottle cap/penny signal. It was 1951 Wheat penny.
Me I hit the jackpot later. Let's see... an old lawn mower blade, not one but two old mop heads and two pieces of molten metal from the fire that I have no idea what it is... or was.

I gotta get this kid his own detector.

Upvote 0

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Looks like he is a natural.

One of my sons went to military school in Mexico Missouri. I bought 80 acres up by Curryville/Bowling Green that had two caves (Stillhouse & Buzzards Roost) on them. Sold them to my buddy when i left for Arizona back in 1994.

Would love to have had my MXT back then in which to explore those caves. The entrance to one was 60 feet high.

HH

Sanat

Thomas007

Aug 29, 2007
Glouster, Ohio
Detector(s) used
White MXT
Probably knew him. He died at 29 of an undiagnosed problem with diabetes.

There was a house in Mexico that still had a cannonball from the Civil War stuck in the side of it when my son went to school there. I don't know how much action took place in Mexico, Missouri but apparently there was some.

Any chance of you finding some CW relics?

As I understand Ulysses S Grant was stationed there early in the civil war.

HH

Sanat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread