more silver

favored papa

Oct 6, 2009
mountain home Idaho
Detector(s) used
ace 250 dfx
It seams like a lot of people are finding a bit more silver lately, I am glad to see it, and I got mine on friday, I went to a bank I visit once or twice a year and no more because I know the tellers hunt silver. they had $211.00 I picked up $101. and went and parked. I did not want to go through 20 rolls of clad , i have been doing that a lot lately, someone made my favorite pick up bank there dump. well about 7 rolls in I find a 67. next roll is about half 40% with 2 canadian 80% . last roll was one more 40. I went back and got the rest of what they had because I knew they still don't know about the 40%. sure enough 3 solid rolls of 40 and no 90% Total for my short trip to a little country bank, 68 - 40% and 2 - 80% Canadian. I was surprised they missed the canadian one is a 62 the other a 65.
silver to all HH

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Sweet finds Papa. Most tellers know about the 40% coins. I've had tellers say that it's not worth the effort to gather the 40%, when usually local dealers (here) aren't paying more than a buck fiddy for 'em.

Local_coins

Nov 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Papa. Most tellers know about the 40% coins. I've had tellers say that it's not worth the effort to gather the 40%, when usually local dealers (here) aren't paying more than a buck fiddy for 'em.

Fortunately, they cannot think beyond the $1.50 they would have today and see the pile of silver they could have over the duration of their emoyment.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, I wish I could get a Canadian half here, have never found one in the wild. I think the design on the back is stunning.

lovewiibrew

Mar 18, 2011
Eastern US
fistfulladirt said:

$1.50? That's crap. My LCS buys em right now for $4.00 which isn't great but decent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread