More small pcs

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Hiked 3 permission fields today . No recent rain. Evidently the wind uncovered these. Lots of small, flint debitage.
The little guardian is 3” tall, for reference. One piece with great color.
Doesn’t amount to much, but still better than not getting out.
Seeing many deer tracks, a few hawks, etc. No big flocks of ducks heading south…yet.

Attachments

• IMG_2352.jpeg
    IMG_2352.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
Upvote 6

Older The Better

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2017
south east kansas
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes I go out on a mission hoping to come back with something new, other times it just feels good to be outside and looking for points is more of something to do while enjoying the out doors. Sounds like you’ve got the same idea, hopefully you’ll break through soon and post a gem point but until then keep enjoying nature.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’m surprised you haven’t found a point. If your spots were knapping stations you should be finding reject bifaces. Lots of them. Maybe they were making bifaces at the flint outcrop them taking them to your spots for further reduction? Widen your search area!

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I’m surprised you haven’t found a point. If your spots were knapping stations you should be finding reject bifaces. Lots of them. Maybe they were making bifaces at the flint outcrop them taking them to your spots for further reduction? Widen your search area!
I’ll try. I’m on permission ground and can’t “fence jump” without trespassing. It’s not easy to expand out beyond these fields.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread