More southeast alabama finds

MDrew706

Jul 23, 2019
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1006191805.jpg
Are these a certain type of design, single notched, similar in shape. The firsts' tip appears to have broke off but was reworked into the flat scraper like piece it is now. The middle def had tip(impact prob) but same single notch, arched on one side. The third looks like it chipped but when up close, it was worked into that shape. Super thin. The notches are all diff to me. Any info (order is bottom to top in descriptions i gave)

Upvote 4

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They look worth picking up.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flintknapping debitage. Used as a tool? Maybe. Any flake that comes off of a knappers core could be used as an expedient tool...or not. Gary

OP
OP
M

MDrew706

Jul 23, 2019
Alabama
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no telling what purpose they served the hands that crafted it. Guess thats part of the whole reason its so cool, you never really know. A hunting tool, a murder weapon, who knows. Thays why i love collecting anything from our planets past

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Nice finds

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is no telling what purpose they served the hands that crafted it. Guess thats part of the whole reason its so cool, you never really know. A hunting tool, a murder weapon, who knows. Thays why i love collecting anything from our planets past
I like your way of thinking nice pieces

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread