More stone artifacts

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here are some more items I'd like in 7x7-dish 1a.jpg tool d.jpg 11 inch knife 2.jpg 11 inch knife.jpg double arrow 1b (1).jpg double arrow 1b (2).jpg tool 1a.jpg tool 1b.jpg 7x7 dish 1b.jpg 7x7 dish 1c.jpg tool 1c.jpg 9 in blaade 2.jpg 9 in blaade.jpg 20160128_180342.jpg Sleeping Bear knife.jpg Perched Hawk.jpg Hawk Head.jpg Dearv Head.jpg Bison.jpg ormation on. :)

Attachments

• Bison 2e.jpg
    Bison 2e.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 156
  • Bison 2d.jpg
    Bison 2d.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
  • Bison 2c.jpg
    Bison 2c.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 168
  • Bison 2b.jpg
    Bison 2b.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 521
  • Bison 2a.jpg
    Bison 2a.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 136
  • Bison 2.jpg
    Bison 2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 641
  • arrow rock art 1b.jpg
    arrow rock art 1b.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
  • arrow rock art 1a.jpg
    arrow rock art 1a.jpg
    872.9 KB · Views: 153
  • arrow 1b (2).jpg
    arrow 1b (2).jpg
    455.1 KB · Views: 171
  • horse arrowhead 1.jpg
    horse arrowhead 1.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 166
  • horse arrowhead 2.jpg
    horse arrowhead 2.jpg
    983.9 KB · Views: 145
  • snake paint dish 1b.jpg
    snake paint dish 1b.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 172
  • snake paint dish 1a.jpg
    snake paint dish 1a.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 168
  • snake arrow 4.jpg
    snake arrow 4.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 159
  • snake arrow 3.jpg
    snake arrow 3.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 171
  • snake arrow 2.jpg
    snake arrow 2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 160
  • snake arrow 1.jpg
    snake arrow 1.jpg
    908.2 KB · Views: 226
  • mamoth head dish.jpg
    mamoth head dish.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 176
  • mammoth head dish 3.jpg
    mammoth head dish 3.jpg
    921.5 KB · Views: 165
  • mammoth head dish 2.jpg
    mammoth head dish 2.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 169

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with the exception of possibly one, they are all just plain old natural rocks.

OP
OP
cmenokla

cmenokla

Dec 21, 2015
SE Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stones were taken to the university and local chief 's Nephew who have confirmed native and stone age artifacts. It just amazes me the comments I have gotten in the short time I have been a member.

beep beep dig

Aug 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it just amazes me that you are able to take normal rocks and see something in them that doesn't exist. when humans manipulate rocks, it is very obvious. i am sorry that your "experts" are dead wrong.

Beans

Bronze Member
May 31, 2008
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The stones were taken to the university and local chief 's Nephew who have confirmed native and stone age artifacts. It just amazes me the comments I have gotten in the short time I have been a member.

Keep the pictures coming. Gotta separate the wheat from the chaff.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Local Chief what? I have taken rocks to University of Mo and told rocks were artifacts when in fact they weren't and told some artifacts weren't artifacts when infact they were artifacts so don't put a lot into what they told you. Take them to an artifact show and see what the dealers tell you, they are far more knowledgeable..

CTwoods

Dec 9, 2015
east central Connecticut
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Not being sarcastic at all, but you should have asked the University and the Chief's nephew what they would pay you for them. This is the way to see how confident they are in what they told you.

Normally, when you do this with a person that claims to be so knowledgeable, they back off, and come up with excuses on why they can't buy them from you, even if you only wanted a dollar per piece.

Some people will never be convinced, and keep asking other people, until they finally find someone that agrees.

It reminds me of a recent thread on a person who thought they dug a very rare 1943 copper penny. Multiple people looked at the pics of it, and proved beyond any reasonable doubt, that the top of the 3 did not have the correct location to be a 3, and proved it was a 5. Despite that, some said to spend $60 or $80 to send it out to a coin grading company to get the "expert" opinion. That was very misleading advice, and very foolish advice.

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, like the others say perhaps one of those stones pictured may have had a human hand involved in shaping it but the others are just natural rocks with no human relationship. There is no reason a "chief's nephew" would know any more about actual artifacts than you do. Many small museums have similar rocks mislabeled as artifacts because nobody knew better in the museum, the museum just listened to whoever donated the rocks. Small colleges often have nobody who is experienced in the field of stone artifacts. You will find more people on this forum with more hands on knowledge and experience in finding and identifying stone artifacts than you will almost anywhere else. I went to OU to study anthropology of the native American peoples and related archaeology and I assure you my professors would agree with those here who say your pieces shown so far are not anything more than naturally formed and worn rocks.
We here are not trying to put you or your efforts down, just trying to keep facts straight and help you learn about these things. A lot of people other than yourself come here with similar natural rocks asking if they are artifacts, most listen to the experts here, some will not desire to learn, and will always believe they have artifacts when they do not. I assure you that when you find an actual stone artifact and post it here you will get many appreciative replies and even often a time frame identification of the style and type of artifact. Keep hunting, but look at this site often to see what real artifacts look like and sooner or later you may find a great piece.

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These rocks are worth the amount of enjoyment you had in finding them imo. This one I think could be a core ??. The original rock from which portions were removed by forced pressure, resulting in a flake to product other finished stone tools, arrowheads or scrapers?.

Attachments

• rock core on tn.jpg
    rock core on tn.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 551

Edmundruffin

Aug 17, 2010
West Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Groundhawk for metal, eyeballs for stone
Married once. two children, long lost parent/ friend. Lines in your palm speak more than the rocks.

mcb66

Mar 17, 2009
This forum has taken a turn for the weird lately. I love it when people look for interesting things, but they need to heed the advise of others and quite wasting their time picking up rocks.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I really like the "ducks head" stone and the bear effigy. And, yes, I see the warrior too.

The Chief's nephew is absolutely correct, being a Native American, I am sure that he is more "in tune" with these types of things.

Congrats on the nice finds, and pay no attention to the naysayers!

Daryn

Apr 23, 2013
Rocks are like clouds, everyone sees what they want to see and no two people see the same thing. Stop picking up rocks and look for the gold, silver, and jewels said the pirate to his men, arghhhhh. No really, stop looking at rocks.

Yetie

Oct 27, 2012
MN
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No question with the exception of one item in your pictures these are all naturally occurring rocks. Do an image search using the word Concretions. You will see hundreds of similar examples.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These rocks are worth the amount of enjoyment you had in finding them imo. This one I think could be a core ??. The original rock from which portions were removed by forced pressure, resulting in a flake to product other finished stone tools, arrowheads or scrapers?.
Tamrock is correct all but the one with the pressure flakes removed that he copied are all natural rocks formed by erosion. Any shapes animal shapes being seen are from an active imagination...

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the title is 'more stone artifacts', are there others? a rock by any other name is still just a rock.

sorry, but the nail job keeps freeking me out. :icon_scratch:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread