More stuff from our CW camp

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,
We went back to our Union CW camp over the weekend. Saturday did not work out to good. We got there and the hay was cut but not bailed. We decided to hunt anyway, just as we got started here comes the owner on his tractor to start the bailing process. Not wanting to be in the way we took off and decided to go back on Sunday. Sundays hunt turned out fairly successful. We got a total of six 3 ringers (one still has part of the brass cartridge around the base), 7 pistol bullets, 2 pistol balls (one fired and one dropped), and 6 pieces of camp lead. We got a couple of small horse tack type buckles, the handle portion of a knife, an epaulet band, and some sort of brass hook. Part of a Horse bit (all brass) and a complete watering bit, and of course a bunch of nails and rusty stuff. But the best finds of the day is our 8[SUP]th[/SUP] eagle button (general service) and a very cool old lock. Any and all comments and/or information anyone can give us will be very much appreciated. Thanks for looking

JimK

Attachments

• IMAG1681.jpg
    IMAG1681.jpg
    633.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG1676.jpg
    IMAG1676.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMAG1678.jpg
    IMAG1678.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 139
Upvote 12

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a fine day out !! :thumbsup:

Darby

Mar 31, 2013
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice bunch of finds. Like that old lock especially! Also finding any type of military button makes for a great hunt in my opinion. Congrats

Goldiver

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Fremont, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Fisher F-75 LTD2, CZ-70, CZ-21, 1280x, Vibraprobe 560, Minelab Pro-Find 35
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice bunch of relics!

Steve

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you or taking the time to share your hunt and those pictures with us

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck of a watering bit you got there and nice service button,vanzutphen

northwolf

May 21, 2015
Milan
Detector(s) used
Garrett 350 euroace
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
while the bullets are the same in my country. the lock is totally different from what i find in my country . Nice find!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just Curious .

while the bullets are the same in my country. the lock is totally different from what i find in my country . Nice find!!

The bullets are the same in Italy?
I know there were some Italian Rifles Used in the American Civil War, the most well known bullet style is a Garibaldi or Carcano Bullet , I know many English guns were used as well , French as well I think.

You got Rifled Musket bullets There , I do believe you , Just Cool they were used over there to.
HH
Davers:thumbsup:

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some Cool CW Finds you got there, Love the Lock , & Complete Watering Bit.
Those GS Buttons become harder to find everyday .
Good Job
Davers

OP
OP
JimK

JimK

Aug 19, 2009
Central Kentucky
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all of the nice comments gang. We really are having a ball. Considering we where told that this place was "hunted out" years ago I think that we are doing quite well. We hope to go back this weekend, before the hay starts to get tall again.

JimK

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread