Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All of the points were recently found at a great private permission in Pennsylvania. I could not resist the little canoe at the antique store. The points are made of the Onondaga Chert, which originates in New York State.

Sunday I was in another local shop and saw the Iroquois Trumpet Pipe. It was a little pricey but is original and in great condition, and I didn't have one so decided to cringe and pick it up. The celt is local.
DSCN0409.JPG DSCN0408.JPG DSCN0405.JPG DSCN0406.JPG DSCN0407.JPG

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection with some nice pieces

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Willjo. I have never seen anyone dig an Indian pipe before around here, and couldn't resist it. By getting hands on it I could determine it was not a modern reproduction. Sometimes its hard to tell. I was so happy to dig the points. I have some more worked pieces but had surgery Monday so am probably not going to do much of anything the rest of the week, into next week.

If you zoom in the pipe has some nice engraving to it. They generally date these 1580 to about 1779, at which point most Iroquois left as they sided with the British during the Revolution. Some went west, most to Canada.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread