more weapons needed

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny, my guess about who would do something like that was correct yet again. I must be psychic! You can easily tell the cop was shooting at tires and was probably trying to keep that ******* momma from killing her kids. Good job cops!!

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker,

When I saw that video, I thought exactly the same thing about the LEO trying to shoot out the tires. I say that because that video puts you almost directly behind that cop dpoing the shooting. However, having said that, him shooting at a van with five kids in it, no matter how well intentioned, was a very stupid thing to do. If one of his bullets had glanced off something and then been directed higher into the vehicle and hit one of those children, we'd of had another "racist shooting" to deal with since as I recall, all those cops were white or Latino. Had one of his bullets hit the gas tank and the vehicle exploded, well you can just imagine. It was a STUPID thing for that officer to do, especially since neither that woman or her teenaged son were armed or pulled a weapon on those officers. Even that one LEO taken his baton and breaking in that passenger's side window was a stupid move. That flying glass could have cut one of those kids badly too. No, this entire incident was uncalled for. The LEOs could just have followed and then cornered the vehicle later down the highway and handled it at that point with determination, but without letal force involved.

Sorry packerbacker and I'm not in any way trying to put you down, but these LEOs were wrong. I'll back any LEO to the max, when possible, but that is not just possible in this case. They had no reason to use lethal force.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey pipp!! Yea, have seen too many GSW's in the ER for this to be justifiable!! GREAT-Shoot out the tires and then you have a Roll-Over with a Van full of Children waiting to Explode!! One must keep a controlled response in emergent situations!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure is a lot of "what if" goin' on here.

What if...
The cops shoot out her tires and she rolls over and explodes?
The cops don't shoot out her tires and she crashes into a school bus, killing many more, during her next drive off?
She is on crack and she kills herself and her kids when she gets home?
She is a disgruntled nanny and the kids in the van are kidnapped?
What if she is part of a child prostitution ring?
What if she is from a satanic cult that sacrifices humans?....Hmmmmmmm?

The article I read says they did find drug related material in the van, (Good job Mom!)

After the fact it is a little too late to play "what if" isn't it? "What ifs" can go either way. I realize some law enforcement officers are good folks and some aren't. What are they supposed to do? Just let some folks do whatever they feel like doing? Let those folks live by no rules and then enforce the law on these other people? Cops have a hard job, for every Cop who makes a bad decision during stress there are a multitude of others who risk and sacrifice daily...nobody thanks them when they do a good job.:icon_salut:

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
:dontknow:
ok...two coppers in front of the cop who fires...plus a van load of children...plus shooting at tires to stop a vehicle is proven not to function as planned...

I noticed the video was censored...what did the cop say to her to make her run? why did a child get out of the car to stop the officer?

it was on fox, cbs, all the rest how the charges against the female and children will be dropped due to the massive failure of proven law enforcement procedures...

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JSF!! Excellent Points!! We're just third party observers! In any event the Police were doing apparently what they had been trained to do, but again under a controlled response for ALL involved!! Thankfully no one was injured!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey JSF!! Excellent Points!! We're just third party observers! In any event the Police were doing apparently what they had been trained to do, but again under a controlled response for ALL involved!! Thankfully no one was injured!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

Thanks Mr. Verde, my own thinking on this woman is she's doing 70 plus in a 55 with children in the car, and has the idea it's ok to drive away twice and then tell the Cop, "I wasn't trying to get away". Bottom line for me is she had to be stopped some way and Superman obviously wasn't available.

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JSF!! AHMEN!! AHMEN!! GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
pippinwhitepaws
Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
here is why a lone female, with children, in new mexico refuses to obey police in rural areas...

First Anal Probes, Now This. The Drug War Takes Another Horrifying, NSFW Turn In New Mexico.

It's worth noting that these incidents are rarely one-offs. A police culture that could allow this to happen once has likely allowed it to happen on other occasions.

And so this is where we are with the drug war. Government officials are shoving fingers, tubes, and cameras up rectums, sticking hands into vaginas, and spraying mace on genitals, all to protect us from ourselves -- to stop us from getting high. Feel safer?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
JunkShopFiddler:

If it is always too late to play "What if?" after the event how is it possible to learn from errors and mistakes?

The officers wildly over-acted. I'll go with Unclebuck257 on this one.

Attempting to carry the situation to an illogical conclusion doesn't help make your case.

Good luck to all,

~ The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread