More yard stuf and where the heck is the rest of the car? (pics)

cottonjim

Jan 12, 2007
S.W. MN
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I am getting pretty good at finding stuff in my back yard. My wife is gonna make me replant the lawn next year I think. I already posted my 28D wheatie but I'll repost it just because it came out of the same yard. The next pic. is the clad I have found, .40 cents worth (woo hoo), nothing older than 1973 in the pile. Third picture is the misc. stuff I have dug, nails etc... You probably can't see in the picture but the item in the lower left corner is stamped ERT. CO Sioux Falls S.D. I haven't found their history yet to see what it was part of.
The third picture is a fork that I dug at my in-laws place the other day, just getting around to posting the pic. since its kind of neat. The last item dug last night was a license plate, a 1939 Minnesota plate to be exact. I had to dig 8-10 inches to get it out. I wonder how well the DMV kept records in those days? It would be fun to look up the car it was on, see who owned it and see if they are still around and give them a few memories.
Thanks For looking.

Attachments

• wheat penny2.jpg
    wheat penny2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 379
  • wheat penny2.jpg
    wheat penny2.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 360
  • clad.jpg
    clad.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 332
  • Misc. Yard Stuff.jpg
    Misc. Yard Stuff.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 359
  • fork.jpg
    fork.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 361
  • Minnestota \'39 plate.jpg
    Minnestota \'39 plate.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 357
Upvote 0

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
oh yeah! I recognize all those nails too! :D Nice finds too! I hope you find the owner of the license plate, that would be a great story!

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool plate! Looks like decent shape, too. Don't toss it out!

Many states allow antique car owners to restore old plates and re-register them for their car of the same year.

I found a guy with (Virginia) plates for my '48 Chevrolet. He wanted $150 for the pair!

I have better things to spend my money on...

Nice finds. Keep hunting.

DCMatt

Yarrum

Mar 13, 2007
Queensland, Australia
Detector(s) used
Jackeroo, BH Landstar
Cool finds it's amazing what you can find in your own backyard. Still cleaning my backyard finds. Will post soon, watch this space ;D
Thanks for sharing
HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread