Morea Community Park

Bartol

Tenderfoot
Aug 24, 2011
It was earlier today, yellerstang, Rich In Central Pa and I were @ Morea Community park. I had a great trip. At first we were hopeless, Rich In Central Pa found a couple shotgun shells and me and yellerstang continued to search. I found a pull tab which lifted my spirits slightly. We had a break and drank some Pepsi in Yellerstangs truck. They went back hunting for treasure while I read my book The Hunger Games. I decide to go back out. I searched for ten minutes and still was upset, I was making my way back to the truck and decided to look once more. I dug up a can and was positive I could find more stuff. I was searching up an old road but now was covered and looked more like a hill. I found a "Big Mickeys Mouth" bottlecap. I met up with Rich In Central Pa and continued our search. He found a couple of Silver dimes and Quarters from the 40s. I wanted a 40s coin to so I was eager to find a treasure from that decade. I found a nail and Rich gave me a spoon he found. I was getting discouraged. We had been caught up in all the bragger bushes that made Riches face bleed and yellerstang and I's hands bleed. We met up with yellerstang and we wanted to stay more so Rich and I kept on hunting. I thought I had found something good but it was just a buckle. We found something and dime or a penny on the screen of our worn out detectors. Rich and I dug and dug and finally we found a 1941 Penny. I was pretty happy because what 12 yr. old finds something from the 40s. We left and had a good time. Even know I didn't find much this was one of the greater trips of my career.

Bartol

Upvote 0

Ifoundit69

Saving the past one find at a time !
Dec 5, 2007
Lancaster ,VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum Xlt ,Fisher 1270, Fisher F5 ,Fisher F2, , Ctx 3030 ,Nokta Anfibio,Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey atleast you are out there giving it a go , you never know what you might find !!!

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all get discouraged at times, young one. Don't let it get you down. I've been at this over 30+ years. I am having
a dry spell right now. Been out the past 5 weekends, and can't find a new coin site to hunt when the snow is gone. Never
had this happen to me before, but next Saturday guess where I will be: out in the - 0 degree cold, humpin through the
snow and looking......because that is what I do.....I'm a treasure hunter. So, I don't give up. I know that the coins/coin
sites are there......just got to be the one to go out and find the stuff.
You, too.....you can do it. You are plenty young, and got the energy and time to do some great things in the line of treasure
hunting. And, I and all the rest of the THers on this net wish you a whole bag full of good luck. :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread