Morgan Dollar!!..Seated Qtr, Fatty and More!!

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out Friday with Goes4ever and knocked on a few doors. Finds were sparse but I ended up with the 1934 Merc.

Sunday I got out and detected at one house and he told me it was detected before. So I detected it anyways and came away with a 1861 Fatty Indian and a 1913 Buffalo.

Today was awesome. I went out and knocked on doors at two farmhouses. The first house was a great yard. I found a 1891 Indian first and ended up giving it to the owner. Next was the 1909 Indian. After about 15 minutes I got a nice 00-26 on the Explorer which is lower than a half dollar and is normally junk. Dug the plug and found a huge reeded edge and knew what I had. It ended up being a 1884S Morgan Silver Dollar!!! I ended up finding a worn 1864L Indian and a 1946 Rosie before I left.

I went to the second house and got permission. This yard I ended up digging up 3 keeper coins and it was a huge yard. I ended up getting a nice quarter signal near a rose bush and dug down about 7 inches and pulled up a BEAUTIFUL 1876 Seated Qtr. The condition on this coin is unreal. It has full luster on the back and most of the front. I love finding the morgan but that Seated Qtr is just amazing. HH All!

Enjoy the Video

<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Georgia">

Attachments

• DSC_02811.jpg
    DSC_02811.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 109
  • DSC_03211.jpg
    DSC_03211.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 115
  • DSC_02941.jpg
    DSC_02941.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC_02951.jpg
    DSC_02951.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC_03161.jpg
    DSC_03161.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 119
Last edited:
Upvote 2

Metal Magnet

Bronze Member
Oct 26, 2010
OH
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fantastic - the seated is sick!!!!

mr_larry

Jun 22, 2010
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are absolutely fantastic coins and in terrific shape!
Some of the nicest condition dug oldies. The ground is kind to your silver!
Cheers!!!
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

matt092079

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2011
Charles Town, WV
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 with 11" DD coil, Garrett Ace 250 with 9x12 coil, Garrett Pro-Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow the seated is a beauty. You don't see too many seated quarters posted...congrats!

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet coins, that seated is sick

EdNargel

Aug 30, 2011
Champaign, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some awesome finds, some of the prettiest dug coins that I've seen...WTG!!!

testing123

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2009
United States
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, TDI SL
wow, that's a day we'd all like to have! Congrats on some tough silver - and it's refreshing to see someone NOT rubbing the coins all over the place in the field

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me tell you, that is one of the most fantastic condition Seateds I have ever seen posted. I am convinced that the mint luster protects high-grade coins in the soil to a degree. It is rare to find such flawless examples, so savor that experience. I have only dug one seated that came close to that in 20 years, and diggergirl's first silver (a morgan dollar) still had mint luster when it came from the ground.

That is a first rate hunt. Congratulations!

-Buckles

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let me tell you, that is one of the most fantastic condition Seateds I have ever seen posted. I am convinced that the mint luster protects high-grade coins in the soil to a degree. It is rare to find such flawless examples, so savor that experience. I have only dug one seated that came close to that in 20 years, and diggergirl's first silver (a morgan dollar) still had mint luster when it came from the ground.

That is a first rate hunt. Congratulations!

-Buckles

Thanks for the compliments! I agree with you. I'm not sure if the mints use any types of lubricants or oils that end up on the coin after its struck but it seems to me that even the great detailed copper coins, in most cases, end up really well in yards.

I also think that the undisturbed rich, jet black soil from these farmhouses I hit tend to help with the conservation process as well.

Giant056

Silver Member
Jun 10, 2007
Southwest Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Made in U.S.A.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what an awesome hunt you had and huge congrats on the Morgan and old seated :thumbsup: I noticed you run the SE, my brother also has the SE as well but I noticed your coil isn't stock, are you using an Etrac coil on it ??? If you put another coil on the SE or since bought the Etrac I'm curious if the Etrac coil will work on the SE?

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing coins Kyle, that morgan to me is just amazing, so big...how did anyone ever loose that!?? Sweet hunt!

CoilFisher

Jul 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
knocked on a few doors. I went out and knocked on doors at two farmhouses. I went to the second house and got permission.
<font color="#000000"><span style="font-family: Georgia">

You guys must either be high school football heroes or have the friendliest town in the USA. I cannot imagine securing permission at so many homes all the time. :goldtrophy:

Congrats!

Wow videos too! Even awesomer!

oldsalty19

Silver Member
May 29, 2011
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all those coins look to be in pretty good shape, nice hunt

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on big silver and other nice finds!

OP
OP
Nooberz

Nooberz

Nov 16, 2010
Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow what an awesome hunt you had and huge congrats on the Morgan and old seated :thumbsup: I noticed you run the SE, my brother also has the SE as well but I noticed your coil isn't stock, are you using an Etrac coil on it ??? If you put another coil on the SE or since bought the Etrac I'm curious if the Etrac coil will work on the SE?

The SE Pro comes with the pro coil as stock, same as the Etrac. So yes, they are compatible on both machines. :icon_thumleft:

leprechaun

Bronze Member
Feb 20, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030; The only metal detector I'll ever need
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt,That liberty seated is one of the best I've ever seen come out of the ground.That morgan is still on my find list.Happy hunting.:thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread