Morgan Silver dollar - where did you find yours?

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
I've got about 10 so far. Found some after beach erosion storms, others in old-town-urban demolitions (sidewalk tearouts, buildings. etc...), another in an abandoned country picnic site, etc... They can be found anywhere, but if you had to hone it down to more likely spots, perhaps you could DISclude mowed/manicured turf? Because unlike sand (which easily swallows things up) or cow-pasture type tall grass (which easily hides things) and other such easier-to-loose things in type places, I wonder if mowed manicured grass makes it a much less likely site to find a silver dollar in? Because unlike a dime, penny, or quarter which are more easily enveloped by the grass blades and hidden, a silver dollar is just SCREAMING for the next passerby to see it - size-wise, eh?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tom_in_CA said:
I've got about 10 so far. Found some after beach erosion storms, others in old-town-urban demolitions (sidewalk tearouts, buildings. etc...), another in an abandoned country picnic site, etc... They can be found anywhere, but if you had to hone it down to more likely spots, perhaps you could DISclude mowed/manicured turf? Because unlike sand (which easily swallows things up) or cow-pasture type tall grass (which easily hides things) and other such easier-to-loose things in type places, I wonder if mowed manicured grass makes it a much less likely site to find a silver dollar in? Because unlike a dime, penny, or quarter which are more easily enveloped by the grass blades and hidden, a silver dollar is just SCREAMING for the next passerby to see it - size-wise, eh?

I would refine that further: they are less likely to be found in mowed/manicured yards In Urban Areas. In the rural areas, what's mowed now was probably mud 150 years ago. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread