Morgan!

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
So I'm dumping at the coin machine this morning, and after awhile the machine jams. The teller comes over, opens the machine, and starts digging around. "Here's the problem," she says, and pulls out a large dollar coin. I didn't recognize it at first, and thought it was foreign because the eagle looked kind of funky. When I realized what it was, my heart started racing. She just put it in the tray with the rest of my coins, fixed the machine, and went back to her desk.

When I cashed out my ticket, I told her this wasn't my coin, but that I'd like to buy it. She said it wasn't the bank's coin, and that I could have it. Wow!

:hello2:

Some pics of the 1921 Morgan silver dollar:

DSC04675.JPG DSC04677.JPG

DSC04678.JPG DSC04681.JPG

Made me feel much better about dumping my 4 skunk boxes!

Upvote 0

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! That is just awesome... I can't believe someone would try to put that in a machine, but I did have a machine that broke last week because someone tried to dump Ike's into it.. I have gotten a peace dollar from a bank, but never a Morgan.. That is amazing.. Congrats..

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice there FT, I allways ask for th "Big Dollars" in hopes of getting one of these just handed to me with some Ikes. HH, Maverick.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a sweet find! I have not gotten any morgan dollars over the years, but have netted 3 peace dollars on various occasions.
Keep up the search,
HH
Buff

FloridaFinder

Aug 27, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Excellent find!! And free to boot, that's incredible. I'd be proud of that, it looks like it's in great shape.

maverick said:
Very nice there FT, I allways ask for th "Big Dollars" in hopes of getting one of these just handed to me with some Ikes. HH, Maverick.

I got two Peace dollars like that last month, when I was out of town. Can't wait to go back there to check again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread